Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: people v*

Default people v*

Hi all. I'm not a regular on here but know I can come on when I need to.
    I know of a few people who have sv* even though I've not been in direct contact I'm starting to worry noro is here.
    Especially as I've had it past too years I can't deal with catching it again. :'(

Default Re: people v*

Noro is ALWAYS around. I know that is awful to accept, but it is true. People tend to get it more in the winter and fall because they are indoors more so more hard surfaces are touched and people get less fresh air. You can get it anywhere, anytime. The key is handwashing. I swear, if people washed their hands more, it would reduce most viruses by 95%. The fact is people DON'T and then they touch door knobs and remotes and escalator handles are grocery cart handles and then people touch their faces or whatever. I'm sorry, I know that doesn't make you feel better, but if you think about how many times you touch things a day and don't get sick, it should be comforting. Hygiene is key.

Thanks. I've got the hand gels that kill noro too so just need to use them more. I know what you mean about touching things, we do it without even thinking then eat with our hands etc.

Exactly. But hand sanitizer isn't as effective as good old soap and water. It just rubs stuff around. It may kill it, but not every particle. They key is water. If you can't to a sink, use sanitizer and pour some water on your hands. Much better

I read somewhere that washing your hands with soap and water is the best way cos the germs are getting washed away down the sink, which is why you need to properly rub your hands. I use a fair bit of the gel and try to make sure I get everywhere when I cant get to water.

i use good old soap and water for 15 seconds then if i have to touch surfaces i use hand sanitizer just to make sure x

Hi emmalawrence81. I see you are in the UK - which hand sanitizer do you use? I haven't been able to find one over here that kills noro.