Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

A Little Graphic

UGH, I just woke up from a dream. I went to a fried chicken place and sat in the car debating on getting anything for like an hour. I finaly went in an harassed the lady working there on how fresh the chicken was and if it was cooked enough. She made me feel comfertable about buying it. I was eating it then came across a raw piece. I made myself v. It felt so real! UGH.I could even taste it. I woke up scared thinking I was going to v or v in my sleep. I burped a few times and no stomach acid. I am sort of scared right now cause I dont feel good. Just super tired.

GRAPHIC BUT JUST A DREAM SEQUENCE ****I recently had a v* dream.I was out and when I came home, my kids and husband were sleeping to I went to take a shower. My daughter's toypink chick shaped bucketwas in the tub and for whatever reason, I was using it to wash myself. When I got out of the bathroom, my daughter was v*and my husband asked"where is her buccket?" I asked "you mean the bucket in the SHOWER?"He had given her that to be sick in and just left it, only rinsed,not de-germed in the tub because she had been getting sick like every hour. I was freaked out!I did'nt know ifI should bother cleaning it all up with my gloves and mask like I usually do becauseIwas already exposed-oh I was so real and real awful!!All I was thinking is we just went threw this a couple months ago, I can't do this again.

Yikes!!! I so hate v***** dreams!! They are so realisitc, not to mention disturbingand I always wake up freaked out and nauseaus! Ugh! Why oh why can't this phobia at least let us rest in our sleep??[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I have noticed a pattern with my v**** dreams.

1)They always happen to Someone I know (a good friend or a family member, or even someone I haven't seen for years, but they just randomly appear in my dreams v*******!)

2) It is in a place I am very familiar with and comfortable in (Usually in my house, and I always have trouble going to the place where the person v* in my dream. I have to keep telling myself it didn't happen, and that it was only a dream.)

3) It isn't me that is v****** in my dream. It's usually someone else that is close to me, like I said before. (When I was younger, since I rarely had dreams of myself being sick, I used to think that if I dreamt Iwas sick,then I really would be sick when I woke up! It had happened once, I had dreamt myself being sick, and I was ill in the morning. And of course that one experience sets off fear for every other similar experience, So anytime I dream about myself being sick, you can imagine my terror!)

4) I can't escape from the person who is v****** or from the v*****. (No matter how fast I run, the person is either chasing me, or I am trapped.)

Anyone else have similar patterns in their v**** dreams? And they will come up at the weirdest times! I won't be even thinking about emet or v*****, and it makes an appearance in my dream![img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

The important thing to remember is that it was just a dream. As hard as it is to tell yourself thatafter an experience like that...I know...

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ugh I'm sorry you had that dream. The worse part abouta dream is how real they can seem. I've woken from them before and felt sick, like you do, I think it's because it's so real we think it's real (or our brains do anyhow) just like after a good dream you feel happy. Anyhow, I hope your'e feeling better!

Neha, good thinking, I never thought about patten before.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey Guys, If fine. It was just the dream. Not sick or anything. I am terribly hot though!!! Its 90 here!

I'm glad you're OK. Still sucks to have those dreams.

Where are you that it is 90? That's about what it is here too (Florida)
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

indiana

Wow v* dreams suck... Some non v* dreams are funny though. I shall start a thread about it!

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMe

Neha, good thinking, I never thought about patten before.

LOL! Leave it to an obssesive-compulsive to analyze patterns in her v***** dreams! LOL! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Glad to hear you're doing better, mak!

It's about 92 degrees out here today (TX)!! Hot hot hot!!! Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.