Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Shouls I be worried?

Okay so last night I washed my hands at supper and took a shower later. Well,I woke up last night picking my nose on accident!! I must have been dreaming!! I'm really worried about norovirus! I know I washed my hands and took a shower, but I ended up touching my room doorknob plus the bathroom door knob and my phone, before I put my hands in my nose!! Can I get norovirus from this?

Default Re: Shouls I be worried?

I pick my nose a LOT. You will be totally fine.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

You can't just pick up the norovirus from touching surfaces, the only risk is if someone else in your house was ill and had been around and touched those surfaces first (having been to the toilet and not washed their hands).

I actually had the same kind of panic the night before last, my mother was ill with an sv in our house and I'd gone to bed very careful not to touch anything except the light switch in my room, my door handle and my laptop. I woke up with my hands on the pillow where my head was and instantly panicked! Two days later here I am, somehow still ok! If I can have such a close call and live to tell the tale, it's highly likely that you will too, especially since you washed your hands before you went into the shower

Don't forget that the sv would have to get into your mouth, so even in the worst case scenario, unless you were picking your nose and eating it, you'd still be fine!

Getting noro from your nose is pretty impossible, You''l be just fine