Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Help quick please

Felt icky all day....calked it up to anxiety.
    then as day wore on nausea got worse felt really tired and at one point thought 'oh my it's about to happen' it didn't. The though of food is very unappealable. I feel quite sick now. Just been for a bm and it was normal. I don't have cramps and I've not got any pain .but I do certainly feel nauseous. Ive eaten an entire pack of gum not helping. Also I have had 3 cyclizine tablets (can't have any more) they haven't worked.
    Still overriding still feeling blegh.
    please someone talk to me I feel like my body just needs to get out but I can't be ill as I'm at work and can't take any time off. Also chat function on here doesn't work for me so can anyone please help me out.
    i don't want to start scratching myself again. I've come so far.

Default Re: Help quick please

If this was an sv and you were going to be ill, you'd have cramps and loose bm, so I think that there is definitely something else behind your nausea. It could well be due to a mixture of feeling anxious and tired, when I'm tired I feel nauseous, sometimes dizzy as well, and of course that makes me more anxious which just makes the feeling worse like a vicious circle.

I know it's difficult and seriously you are far, far braver and more courageous than me, if I was at work and feeling nauseous I'd be straight home as fast as I could. Sorry, quite a useless post I know, but just try to hang on in there, you are doing amazingly well considering how you feel, there is more likely than not a rational explanation for how you feel, one that is definitely not going to lead to you being ill, try to keep reminding yourself that this is probably due to anxiety, or feeling tired etc, and if you can distract yourself somehow, I find that usually helps me, even if it's just something simple like twisting some cable ties into shapes, or working out some complex logic problem in my head (attempting), it helps to eat the hours away more quickly and before you know it, those nauseous feelings will fade away again and you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you made it through ok!

you sound fine -lay off the gum as youll get acidy and possibly end up making you feel worse

how are you now? breathe slow and try some calming music through headphones if you can

hope youre ok x
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. Your words are great and reassured me I think sometimes I just need someone to be there I know if I get sick I get sick but having that calm down is a massive help. Yep I have no cramps or d* just normal bm but nausea. Maybe it is tiredness and dehydration? I didn't sleep well at all last night so hopefully I won't pay for it today. X x

Yeah I don't think I've ever eaten as much gum and I'm guessing maybe thatsid contribute.
    Thank you so much for replying maddie, I'm still feeling icky but guessing maybe tiredness and a combination thing?
    i will miss you if you go. What's app me?

One of my closest friends also gets terrible nausea if his sleep pattern is disturbed so it's most likely that you were feeling nauseous from being overly tired, dehydration almost certainly causes nausea and that is something I'm suffering from myself at the moment. Anyway, I'm really glad to hear that you calmed down, having re-read what you posted, I'm almost sure that you'll be fine, definitely not sick and fingers crossed that you start to feel better as the day goes on

The nausea will be due to tiredness, get some sleep and you'll be fine
    Emetophobia.org's resident wrestling fan (and recovering emet) Feel free to message me if you need somebody to talk too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think it's anxiety! Also a heads up in advance- when you chew a lot of sugar free gum, there is a possibility for d*. I just wanted you to know that ahead of time, because if that happens it does NOT mean you are sick!

Hey, how are you feeling?