Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default General disinterest in food?

I really only eat to avoid nausea and acid issues. My hunger isn't as strong as it should be, even going 12 hours at a time without eating. Food just isn't tastefully interesting to eat. The foods I did like, I've eaten so often that I've lost my taste to them.

Anybody else have a disinterest in food?

Default Re: General disinterest in food?

story of my life. I just eat to live, not live to eat. I try to find a few things that I can tolerate, even if it is just chocolate or chips.

Unfortunately, yes.
    I have IBS and ulcers so it's not unusual for me to skip eating for a few days during flares. I've also eaten certain foods so much that I've become tired of them which sucks. When things get bad like that, I just try to find something that sounds appetizing, even if it's just some candy, pretzels, slice of cheese-whatever so long as I'm getting something.
    Sorry you're having to deal with this
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Yes, that's me too. I look through recipes to find something new and interesting to eat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Lord no! I love to eat and love to try new foods. Even though every meal causes me temporary nausea I eat anyway. I know the nausea will come so I just ignore it until it passes. I would be very upset to lose interest in food. I am sorry to hear that you don't enjoy a good meal. That must be very hard.

I use to love food but since my anxiety has been bad. I eat because I have to. I hate it so much I use to love eating . I find it hard to eat now when I'm anxious

I too am pretty "meh" about food. I eat very little. It's kind of ironic because I work in the food industry, and I'm surrounded by all of these ex-chefs and "foodies" that LOVE to try new foods and new restaurants. My co-workers constantly ask me (jokingly) "are you ever hungry?"

It was worse before I got diagnosed with Celiac Disease. If I had to go somewhere public, like an interview or a club meeting, I wouldn't eat before because I was afraid of getting gas or d* in public.

I starve myself after encountering any of the triggers. It could be someone mentioning they feel unwell, seeing someone v*, being around someone who is unwell, or feeling unwell myself. I love food and so it annoys me, but if someone placed food in front of me I'd become hysterical. It only occurs in phases and my last starvation was two years ago. But it is now back with a vengeance and I am now underweight. It is the worst feeling imaginable!

I've totally lost interest in food =(
    which sucks! I went from being pregnant and eating everything in sight to making my favorite meal and only being able to take 2 bites... even coffee! I was drinking 4 cups max and now I've cut it down to almost none in fear of it coming back up... I hate it! And I try to force myself but most times I can't.

Yeah I'm not a big foodie, I love baking though. But I don't tend to try anything too interesting or out of the normal.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

Im "eh" about food, too. Sometimes I will crave something but it's rare
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I love food. A lot.
    Emetophobia.org's resident wrestling fan (and recovering emet) Feel free to message me if you need somebody to talk too!

Yeah. I love food. I'm always cooking it, eating it, thinking about it.
    However if I'm worked up or really depressed, I'm not hungry. I have to force myself to eat.

I have my good times and bad times with eating. If I'm doing pretty well anxiety wise, I tend to have a good appetite. If anxiety or other things in my life are bad, I tend to have stomach problems and eat just enough to get by.