Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Has anyone seriously considered making themselves vomit to try and kick the fear?

I'm considering just drinking water or liquids or eating small amounts of a safe food and making myself vomit. Or trying.

I tried last year with water and a bit came up and I must admit, I was quite proud at how I handled the gagging.

I do know it could damage me, I just feel as if it's a slight last resort for me.

So - has anyone else considered or tried it?

Lacey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Has anyone seriously considered making themselves vomit to try and kick the fear?

It has been done. Some have been cured by that method; some have not. Please read the cure stories on my web site http://emetophobia.byethost15.com

Please also click on the words "inducing vomiting" in the box "Tags for this thread" at the bottom of this message to find past discussions of this method. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Has anyone seriously considered making themselves vomit to try and kick the fear?

As an emet, I'd rather die than ever think of doing that.

But then again, I congratulate you. You are brave.
    Last edited by Theropod; 01-05-2015 at 06:30 PM.

I have. Since it's been so long (21 years or so), I know I've really forgotten what the part I fear the most feels like.
    Thing is, I know the fear has a lot to do with the loss of control. And a lot of people, when they feel nauseated, will just gag themselves, v*, and get it over with. I'm worried that I will end up in THAT group - only coupled with the Emet, I would end up doing it EVERY time I had an attack to avoid the chance of doing it against my will, and therefore too often. . . if that makes any sense at all. LOL
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

I've thought of doing that once or twice or a lot of the time. I'm not sure if I ever would though. Too much of a scare factor for me. But I am impressed by your bravery.