Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default *want to delete*

*want to delete*
    Last edited by lorna o_o; 01-26-2016 at 04:57 AM.

Default Re: This is probably really stupid.

Hi Lorna,

What you've said isn't stupid at all, plenty of us have been in similar situations and I know from experience that when my anxiety has been bad I've thrown away entire meals because I may have accidentally touched the corner of the plate with my hand (without having washed them first), stuff like that. Anyway, to answer your question, you won't get ill at all. I promise you, there is a 100% chance that you'll be fine Allow me to explain...

You say that this was frozen pizza, out of a packet, two long thin pizza baguette things. Well, pizza which cooks from frozen has actually already been cooked, what they do is pre-cook all the ingredients and then swiftly freeze them, so when you get the pizza all you are really doing is heating everything up again. The pizza base is usually pre-cooked or at least partially cooked but either way it doesn't have any contaminants or bacteria on it, it's perfectly safe to handle.

Thank you so much. That's really helped. :3

I'm really glad to hear that Please don't feel bad or stupid for asking things like that, we all get worried about food related things from time to time. I once cooked a chicken that was supposed to be done for 45mins for over 2 hours because I could see pink bits in it. I should have known that this was just where the meat was next to the bone and it was fine, but our emet brains don't always work that way. Anyway, just wanted to say that nobody here is going to laugh or think less of you for asking questions like that

You're so sweet! Seriously, thank you so much! And yeah, our emet brains don't always work that way! I really appreciate you understanding me!

So yeah, thank you. Seriously, thank you hun.

Aw bless you, that's so lovely of you to say! You really did make me smile there

Aw! )) Yay. :3

I'm really glad that I made you smile, hun.

Yep there is no bacteria on frozen pizza just like SilentFrog said

PS SilentFrog gives great advice, I would "like" his posts if this were facebook

Yeah, they do give great advice.

You do too. Thank you for replying. And same, I would like their posts if this were Facebook.

You're both so lovely, cheering me up exactly when I needed it, thank you for such kind words