Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Going on a 15-hour flight soon..need reassurance please

Hello everyone! So I'm probably just gonna ramble on and on but I've been dealing with emetophobia for as long as I can remember (I'm 16 now lol) and it seems to get worse during certain periods of time after I've gotten a huge panic (like somebody in my family getting an sv or me almost getting s* etc) if that makes sense. ANYWAY, that period of time came again last summer and I developed agoraphobia through it, I couldn't leave my house for a few months but now I'm a lot better!! However, I'm going on a 15 hour flight to the UK next Wednesday and I'm a bit panicky over it. Some background information: I've done this trip countless times already and my mom would always tell me stories of how I went on my first long haul flight at 6 months and cried the whole trip. I've NEVER gotten airsick, I've probably been on over 50 flights my entire life so I have NO freaking clue why I'm so scared. I've seen people next to me get sick but it hasn't really affected me that much since they're always a few aisles away and I can't really see or hear them. Can I get some reassurance that I'll be ok? I always take Bonine before a flight and it seems to work. I'm also going out to dinner for my friend's birthday tonight and I'm a bit panicky about that. Like some days I'll just wake up and feel like crap and not want to do anything and today seems to be one of those days. It always ends up ok though. Hopefully I can come back later on and update you all on how much fun I had lol. Sorry for writing a freaking ESSAY but tell me what you all think! Thank you

Talking Re: Going on a 15-hour flight soon..need reassurance please

[QUOTE=thisiscrap;552796]Hello everyone! So I'm probably just gonna ramble on and on but I've been dealing with emetophobia for as long as I can remember (I'm 16 now lol) and it seems to get worse during certain periods of time after I've gotten a huge panic (like somebody in my family getting an sv or me almost getting s* etc) if that makes sense. ANYWAY, that period of time came again last summer and I developed agoraphobia through it, I couldn't leave my house for a few months but now I'm a lot better!! However, I'm going on a 15 hour flight to the UK next Wednesday and I'm a bit panicky over it. Some background information: I've done this trip countless times already and my mom would always tell me stories of how I went on my first long haul flight at 6 months and cried the whole trip. I've NEVER gotten airsick, I've probably been on over 50 flights my entire life so I have NO freaking clue why I'm so scared. I've seen people next to me get sick but it hasn't really affected me that much since they're always a few aisles away and I can't really see or hear them. Can I get some reassurance that I'll be ok? I always take Bonine before a flight and it seems to work. I'm also going out to dinner for my friend's birthday tonight and I'm a bit panicky about that. Like some days I'll just wake up and feel like crap and not want to do anything and today seems to be one of those days. It always ends up ok though. Hopefully I can come back later on and update you all on how much fun I had lol. Sorry for writing a freaking ESSAY but tell me what you all think! Thank you [/QU
    I am sure you will be fine! Put it this way my agoraphobia is going on 12 years! And if I was sat on a plain, not able to get off and someone V near me, I would freak out all over the place! You seem to be calm and collected about the whole thing, and pretty much answered all your own fears, read your post back to yourself, you have gone from asking for reassurance to giving it to yourself LOL your young and strong, and I really hope you have a great time, and I am sure you will be fine... I don't like flying because of all the bugs in the air con, and many thing besides but you don't need to know that...thankfully I live in the UK lol so no flying for me! Don't let this fear hold you back, your so young and have so much to look forwards to, just be happy and grab every opportunity, be sensible and all will be fine, I really wish you a great time, hope you like it over here x

Talking Re: Going on a 15-hour flight soon..need reassurance please

[QUOTE=thisiscrap;552796]Hello everyone! So I'm probably just gonna ramble on and on but I've been dealing with emetophobia for as long as I can remember (I'm 16 now lol) and it seems to get worse during certain periods of time after I've gotten a huge panic (like somebody in my family getting an sv or me almost getting s* etc) if that makes sense. ANYWAY, that period of time came again last summer and I developed agoraphobia through it, I couldn't leave my house for a few months but now I'm a lot better!! However, I'm going on a 15 hour flight to the UK next Wednesday and I'm a bit panicky over it. Some background information: I've done this trip countless times already and my mom would always tell me stories of how I went on my first long haul flight at 6 months and cried the whole trip. I've NEVER gotten airsick, I've probably been on over 50 flights my entire life so I have NO freaking clue why I'm so scared. I've seen people next to me get sick but it hasn't really affected me that much since they're always a few aisles away and I can't really see or hear them. Can I get some reassurance that I'll be ok? I always take Bonine before a flight and it seems to work. I'm also going out to dinner for my friend's birthday tonight and I'm a bit panicky about that. Like some days I'll just wake up and feel like crap and not want to do anything and today seems to be one of those days. It always ends up ok though. Hopefully I can come back later on and update you all on how much fun I had lol. Sorry for writing a freaking ESSAY but tell me what you all think! Thank you [/QU

I am sure you will be fine! Put it this way my agoraphobia is going on 12 years! And if I was sat on a plain, not able to get off and someone V near me, I would freak out all over the place! You seem to be calm and collected about the whole thing, and pretty much answered all your own fears, read your post back to yourself, you have gone from asking for reassurance to giving it to yourself LOL your young and strong, and I really hope you have a great time, and I am sure you will be fine... I don't like flying because of all the bugs in the air con, and many thing besides but you don't need to know that...thankfully I live in the UK lol so no flying for me! Don't let this fear hold you back, your so young and have so much to look forwards to, just be happy and grab every opportunity, be sensible and all will be fine, I really wish you a great time, hope you like it over here x

Default Re: Going on a 15-hour flight soon..need reassurance please

They have these arm band things that put pressure on a certain spot on your wrists that you can buy at pharmacies like CVS or Walgreens that help with that. I bought some for my last flight which was when I was a freshman and 14 years old. I don't know if they actually work but they certainly made me feel better! It was calming to know that I had something that could potentially protect me. I didn't feel at all sick during the flight there or back with them on

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Going on a 15-hour flight soon..need reassurance please

http://www.solarnavigator.net/images...ness_bands.jpg
    This is what they look like. I know the link says sea sickness but they help with all kinds of motion sickness.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.