Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Caffeine?

Default Caffeine?

How bad does caffeine mess you up? Between my afternoon coffee and allergy meds I can't get relaxed. .. Which as it gets later makes me nervous.. Things always seem scarier at night.

Default Re: Caffeine?

Quote Originally Posted by horsewoman View Post
    How bad does caffeine mess you up? Between my afternoon coffee and allergy meds I can't get relaxed. .. Which as it gets later makes me nervous.. Things always seem scarier at night.
    It's ALWAYS scarier at night. In fact, in having a mini panic attack right now bc insaw my dad sleeping on the couch (that usually means my moms sick) and I heard my mom flushing the toilet several times in a row. In right there with you 😢

Coffee has given me extreme anxiety on random occasions so, I stay away from it all together. Just drink lots of water and flush your system to the best of your abilities, it should wear off soon..

I stay clean of caffeine, my anxiety seems 10x worse when ive had a glass of coke or a cup of tea and panic attacks are brought on very easily. I allow myself a cup of tea in the morning and maybe one early afternoon. But im trying to get into de-caff which are not as nice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know how you feel about the de-caff.. I LOVE my coffee but I think at this point in my life it's too much.. Seems to make me feel really shakey, light headed and increases my blood pressure.. I'm going to try to cut it way back and see if that helps.

Same thing happens to me...I started drinking coffee a few years ago and now love it. But I have to be careful with the caffeine and always make sure I eat something with it or I will also get shaky, light headed, etc. I do decaf sometimes as well. Make sure you eat with it, I think it kind of soaks up the caffeine. But yeah, I will crave it and gotta have it!! Good luck

Well in my opinion Caffeine is good for health and has many benefits but it has also side effects. It is good but not too much. if we use it too much on daily basis then it may be harmful for our body. I love to drink coffee everyday.

I cut coffee out completely! It makes me very jittery and anxious and is basically fuel for anxiety and this phobia. I have decaf sometimes but even still it doesn't agree with me all that much. Try cutting it out and see if it reduces your anxiety!

Hi Horsewoman,

What kind of allergy do have? For some nasal steroid sprays can be better with fewer side effects.

I'm struggling with depression and rely on coffee to make me feel better quite a lot but it is well known to increase heart rate and feelings of anxiety. Maybe try decaf

Quote Originally Posted by SanjayaWickramasinghe View Post
    Well in my opinion Caffeine is good for health and has many benefits but it has also side effects. It is good but not too much. if we use it too much on daily basis then it may be harmful for our body. I love to drink coffee everyday.
    Reply must.

I HAVE LEARNED THAT DRINKING HUGE AMOUNTS OF WATER AFTER COFFEE HELPS SO MUCH. I don't mean to yell, but this has helped me so much in general, that I can't stress it enough. I've also learned that when I have drunk so much water that my urine runs clear, that my anxiety goes COMPLETELY AWAY. I was advised to do this when I had a serious kidney problem and a side-effect of drinking that much water was skin unbelievably soft and a mind so beautifully free of anxiety I thought I was in heaven. I looked around like I had never seen the world before. Colors looked brighter, sounds sounded cheerier and all was right with the world. I want to write an article about this, (I'm a medical professional), I do believe we are all walking around in a constant state of chronic dehydration.
    I've mentioned this to other MDs, and they laughed. But I know, I mean KNOW, that most people in industrialized societies do not drink enough water.

I love extremely caffinated iced tea, but It makes me n* because I get so jumpy and nervous :S !! but it feels good at the same time xD