Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Dont worry..this wont be graphic..

All I can say is my husband is the most considerate man I have ever met. He had a massive ehacahe (i guess it was a mirgrane) last night..he got home from a debriefing (the day ebfore he worked on an ambulance crew that ahd to respond to a 14 year old girl that got hit and killed by a car)... well he got home and I could tell he felt miserable... he then said Im gonna go get some fresh air...which he NEVER does..so I asked..is your stomach upset? and he said yes.. ok..nto much panic.. I said Do you think you are really gonna throw up? And he shook his head yes and headed outside...mind you its 9:00 and pretty much pitch black...he didnt take a flash light...

I did ok for a few minites and then started to worry about him out there..all by himself... of course iw as to panicy to go find him..so I called my mom (she lives less then 2/10 of a mile down the road)..she said I could come in and spend the night if I wanted..I told her I would..but it would be a few because i needed to amke sure john got back inside and was ok..and I needed to pack a bag.

well less then 5 minutes late in comes john...eyes all watery and snuffing... my poor hubby had walked out into the middle of the woods where I will never go to throw up...it brought tears to my eyes that he would do that for me..and he was so upset that he had upset me..saying it was his fault and he felt bad..I assured him he ahd done nothing wrong... it was ME who ahd the problem not him...he is sick..he ahs no contoll over that..its my stupid phobia...

He was ok with me going to moms for the night...even though he said he felt much ebtter he understood that I woudlnt be able to sleep for fear that the tummy troubles would reappear...so...i gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek...which is HUGE for me...and headed off to moms.

I called him this morning and hes feeling much ebtter..he wasnt sick again either.

I still feel stupid though.. I KNEW I wouldnt get sick..it was his migrain doing it to him..but I just coudlnt risk hearing him in the night.

I am still in awe that feeling so miserable he woudl trek off..in the dark..into teh woods to do it..so that I would never ehar it..see it..or smell it... that man truely loves me.
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] sounds like you got one of the good ones there
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you are lucky that your mom is close by and the hubby doesn't mind you leaving kmarie. You must be so happy that he understands you. That is sad about the little girl. Adult accidents don't bother me as much, seeing young ones in accidents bother the hell of out me. Recently there was a young boy aged 12 I think, who had a accident with his bike, he hit his head and later died in hospital, the boy was wearing a helmut!

It must be an awful job to do to deal with accidents like that and I fully admire the people who can do it, I know that I certainly wouldn't have the strength of character to deal with it. My 7 year old brother was hit by a car on Saturday but luckily he had only a mild head injury and they just kept him in overnight for obs and he's fine now. Ambulance crews should get more recognition.
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do have oen fo the good ones huh????

And yes..EMTS deserve a lot mroe recognition then they get. The little girl (well she was 14) was stuck while riding her bike by an 84 year old woman who was driving like a bat out of hell... the litle girls father saw it happen... it makes me feel sick to think about what that family is going through.

I was actually hit by a bac a year ago this past december..iw as a pedestrial in a crosswalk and a guy sped around a corner and took me out...but for the grace of god I was A-OK...after a screaming code 3 trip by ambulance to the hospital and a massive bloody nose..they released me 5 horus alter!!!! That is when I realized I needed help with my emet...i was scared about breaking anything..or having a dead injury...i was afraid the blood from my bloody nose would make me sick...all i coudl focus on was the fear of vomit...i also got my first (and alst so far) ativan..god that drug rocks!!
    Garth Brooks

You definitely found a keeper! I had a recent experience that was similar. My hubby did "it" too from a cause I knew I could not catch. I gave him a hug that night, but a kiss on the cheek is huge! Good job!

Thanks..I was really proud of myself..not to long ago I would have been out that door and to my moms before he had even done the deed..but to stay there..amke sure he was ok...hug hime..and them put my mouth that close to his..less then 10 minutes after oing it..I was VERY proud of myself!!
    Garth Brooks

That is cool that you have a hubby that will go out in the woods just because you are afraid of vomiting. Some people would just stay in the house and it would be very scary for the Emetophobic. And it was cool that he accepted that you were afriad the nausea/vomiting would return.

Lizzy

that is so wonderful...i feel lucky to have someone like that too

a while back, my fiance got food poisoning...he woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me....of course, i totally panicked and i called my best friend to see if she could come and pick me up....at 4 AM!!! she did, and dave (my bf) WAITED until i was gone to v*... it was very difficult for him to do that. i felt so guilty and he felt bad fir waking me up to tell me, but he knows i'm a very light sleeper and didn't want me to wake up to him v*ing. what a great guy....and my best friend is so awesome, too....i don't know what i'd do without those two in my life

i'm glad to hear that others found support, too....it was way too hard when we didn't have that, wasn't it?