Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i just remembered that I do this... whenever I have actually been sick, I have never v* in the toilet. I am like scared of it or something. I can totally get there in time but for some reason i avoid it? Does anyone else do this. So weird...[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Funny how you thought of this... I don't go to the toilet if I felt sick, I am either in the bathroom sink or having a pail beside me, ummm[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]mind you I haven't been sick but if I gag that is where I am.

Uh..I'm not sure.. Last time that happened to me...was 8 years ago and I did it on my parent's bed *knock on wood* 0=] Before that...on the floor *knock on wood* By the way, that was when I was 6 and 8 years old. So I avoid it as well until its too late. I dont like to go to it anyway because it seems as if you are accepting it. Hmm. I dunno. =T
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Of all the times I have been sick in my life, there has only been once
    that it was not in a toilet. I got sick in a car once. But
    other then that, the bathroom seems to be the place I run to when I am
    feeling n*. I guess its because that is what was drilled into my
    head as a child. Whenever we felt n*, my parents would sit us on
    the floor in front of the toilet. But I can understand
    where you are comming from....I am terrified of trash cans and
    bukets. If I was sick at night, my mom would put me to bed with a
    can next to the bed. I never had to use it.....I guess I figured the
    toilet was less messy. Carrie

I am scared to v* in a pail. I wouldn't as a child. When I do actually get sick, I go to the toilet, but can't have light, and I constantly flush the toilet. I hate to even look at it. I am scared to NOT be by a toilet. Or at least some bushes, ect. I know, that is weird too!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I can relate to that - I remember the last time I was sick (over 20 years ago) and as I ran upstairs to the bathroom, I stood over the bath and my mom was saying 'don't lean over the bath, lean over the toilet'. Since then if ever I do feel very ill, I don't even go near the bathroom - to me it's like you're accepting that you're going to be ill. If I was going to vomit (touch wood it wo't happen) I probably would go to the toilet because at least you can flush and haven't got to see it afterwards.
    Nikki

I would rather do it in the toilet....and yes i like it in the dark...weird...huh...but i don't want to see it either.....yuck....my mon used to put newspapers by the bed if we felt ill...i don't remember having to use them...i remember my sis using it one time.....but i would rather not do it in a pail or trash can...Kate

same... it's the bathroom sink for me when i'm at home.. when i've been out tho &amp; been sick.. i had no choice but to use the loo.. i hated it though.. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I won't go near a toilet if I were to be sick. I can't remember the last time I vomited in the toilet...and I have been sick quite a bit since my childhood. (I did vomit in the toilet as a child though)

Anyways, I will vomit in a towel or "wherever". Gross,I know...but I have even been in the bathroom (about 5 years ago) sick and I was getting out of the tub; the toilet was readily available for me, but instead, I vomited on the towel that was on the floor by the tub. For some reason I am afraid to vomit in the toilet!?? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

I don't like to go in the bathroom either because as the rest of you said, it makes me feel like its inevitable, but I am TERRIFIED of puking anywhere other than the bathroom, so if I get that feeling I head to the bathroom and just sit with my head over the sink. Sometimes I run my hands under icy cold water...maybe its just a coping technique or distraction, but sometimes it helps until the feeling subsides.

I can't handle pails or buckets either. Once when i was hungover my mom insisted on bringing me a garbage can...I could barely get out of bed but i started to go tell her no please, no garbage can or I will be sick. Well i saw her coming down the hall with it and guess wha t happeneed?? Just the thought.

I too could never bring myself to use the toilet! I have always been afraid that it would erm "backsplash"! Sorry! I always use a can next to me, that way I feel secure that if I am going to do it, then I don't have to jump up and run, its right there.

I hate the toilet too. Last time I felt sick, I went to our basement basin. I don't like buckets either. If you are watching TV or something not feeling well and have that bucket in front of you, to me it makes it worse. I don't know. I just know I hate the toilet. It seems a lot of people do.

Oh my goodness, YES!
    I know exactly what you mean. There are only 2 places I have ever, will
    ever. v* : Sink and Pail. I refuse to ever v* in the toilet because who
    the heck wants to stick their head where someones..ANUS and .. EXPELLED
    MATERIAL..has been. But I guess that's just my Germophobia shinning
    through.</font>

i don't know about anyone else, but just reading this is difficult....all of those images bother the hell out of me and i'm too scared to even THINK of where i'd rather do 'it' .... other than, perhaps, no where lol

I can completely understand why being near or over the toilet would contribute to one's anxiety. However, I think the ease of cleanup is why people do it that way.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1

I can completely understand why being near or over the toilet would contribute to one's anxiety. However, I think the ease of cleanup is why people do it that way.

Doug

Exactly Doug. I live alone- I would rather just flush and be done with than have to unclog a sink (which, by the way, having seen it happen at a friend's place I know that the whole process would probably make me vomit all over again) or clean out a bucket. I also live in an apartment complex, so I'm pretty sure the other people on the floor above and below me would not enjoy me cleaning out a pukey bucket in our communal laundry sink.

As soon as I feel nauseous I head to the bathroom and sanitize the toilet seat- and stick around to see if the nausea passes or gets worse. I feel calmer in the bathroom because I know no matter what happens, every surface is cleanable and it's very unlikely that I'll miss the toilet (the last timeI didnt acknowledge that I was going to be sick and head to the appropriate locationI was in 3rd grade- didn't want to vomit at school.....so instead of heading to the bathroom stayed put and managed to throw up on some poor kid's schoolbag.).

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wow
    am i the only one who hates everything else and will not vomit anywere
    else but the toilet i will not do it anywere else no non
    no just the toilet it has to be a toilet for me if im sick i stay
    as near to a bathroom as possiable so i can go to the toilet how
    on earth do people do it other ways like a towel or bucket i just could
    not i dont know why i guess im the only one here
    who sticks all the way to the toilet and the toilet only[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_19.gif[/img]</span></font>

I hate the toilet. I only remember one time i did it in the toilet, but my mother forced me to. This is really weird! If it must happend, i would do it in the dark to. Why are the most of us afraid to do it in the toilet?

I have to say I HAVE to doit in the toilet - it's the less stressful way for me. I close my eyes do the deed whilst at the same time flushing the loo so the noise cannot be heard and most of the evidence is safely flushed away. My fiance v*s in the sink and it can glog it up - bleeeeeeeeeeurgh. And the thought of doing it in a bucket [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]. On the very few occasions I was sick as a child (it always happenedduring the night) my mum would cover the bed in towels and put a bucket at the side of the bed with a little disinfectant in the bottom, that thought still haunts me! The next day she'd lay me on the sofa with the dreaded bucket still there even though I no longer felt sick! She would also only give me fluids for two days afterwards, with maybe just a couple of arrowroot biscuits on the second day. It was such a big deal, I also wonder if she was emetophobic too.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Well for me it has to be the toilet but I hate kneeling down to do it I have to be standing. My mum usually says I will bring up teh bucket and there is no way I want to ever usea bucket!!!

You know, its funny, but when I think about v*ing, the last thing that crosses my mind is where I'm actually going to do it! All I think about is trying to stop myself - *it* actually happening is just not an option for me, in my moments of panic.

I have never v*d in the toilet, or even in a bucket. Last time I did was into a towel, and it's really making me n* just thinking about it...I get funny about certain towels in our house to this day, because just looking at them reminds me. Other times it's just been on the floor, lol, where my poor parents, or teachers have had to clean it up.
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

I have to say that i have never ever done it in the toilet as long as i can remember, I simply cannot move when i feel nauseus and i go completly rigid, so the last thing i feel like doing is moving or running to the bathroom. Also i have to have my partner with me in the room, holding my hand or rubbing my back, cant be alone, and it needs to be in either a bucket (that he can take away) or the floor im afraid!.

I get scared if im in the house on my own and feel sick. As i know i cant go to the bathroom and if i do it on the floor, i could not ever clean it up myself. I know it sounds selfish but i just cant!. When i was a student i shared a house with some housemates and i did it on the floor one night because someone was actually in the bathroom and bless her, my housemate cleaned it up for me,

Werid how these things happen- i just need someone to hold me when i feel that way.