Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Eating Out

Yesterday was my boyfriend's birthday and he asked me to go out for a meal with him and his parents. Well I said yes because with it being his birthday and all I didn't want to refuse, but I was sonervous. I was having all the usual emet fears, you know how it goes. Anyway, we got there, and I was so calm! And although I didn't have a starter, I did have a main (Vegetable Moussaka which I've never had before but was v nice) and dessert (Fruit Salad in Brandy Snap baskets) which I'm very proud of myself for. Even though I know the baskets could have been put ont the plate by someone's hands I still managed to eat them, and I didn't worry at all that I was going to get ill!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Excellent! I am proud of you - you did well. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Thank you!! Now I just have to worry about my Bfs dad's 60th which is at a very posh restaurant with LOTS of relatives [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GOod for you ! Its hard to over come, eating outside of home...I know that...but once you get over it , its easier and easier

I actually like eating out with lots and lots of people because then the attention isn't on me so much, so if I start to freak out it's not as oticeable, you know?

Good for you!!! My husband and I love eating out. There are so many restaurants around here that we haven't even tried yet since we've moved here. That's kind of our weakness.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]