Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How do y'all cope when you can't slow down?

Hope everyone is doing well! Ive been feeling sooo much better lately, thank God! But today has been a challenge.. Any tricks or tips of how to cope when you just can't go to bed like I want too?? Anxiety, nervous stomach, loose you know what.. etc. Trying my best not to freak. I have a deadline at work and a meeting tonight..

Default Re: How do y'all cope when you can't slow down?

I know the feeling! Take breaks as frequently as you can and use them to go for a walk outside, or even to just close the door (if you can) and breathe deeply for a while. Think about relaxing things that you have to look forward to in the future - for example, sometimes I daydream about going home and baking brownies and watching a movie, and sometimes I daydream about a few years down the road when we can have our own house in the country, etc. Basically, I try to think about happy things that aren't work-related or stressful haha. It does help some. Hugs!

Default Re: How do y'all cope when you can't slow down?

I think this happens to all of us from time to time. Sometimes it just feels like we are taking on so many tasks and it makes it easier for us to get anxious. I think a light stroll around the block helps me, just to get some fresh air into my lungs. I've also been taking baths a lot more often and it's extremely relaxing if you lower the lights and have a candle going and some nice bath salts or bubble bath. If I can't do either of those things and I literally am just lying down and can barely move because I'm so anxious I use an app called Calm.com and it has several free meditation sessions that go for 10 minutes and have lots of different calming sounds (rain, ocean, rivers etc.) that you can have playing behind the voice that is guiding you through the meditation. Almost nothing else works for me, but many people like to read, write, draw, listen to music etc. Good luck and hang in there! I hope you feel better soon x
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.