Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey everyone! Ive been lurking here for a couple years...

I thought i would post...

I wish I didnt have this problem of being so afriad of being sick or others being sick. It spoils my fun at times.
    I am going away on vacation Saturday, and I am staying with my brother, his girl and thier kids.. I am ALWAYS so afraid of someone getting sick.. then it will RUIN the whole entire vacation. Nobody else seems to have this problem. Im too embarrassed to talk about it to anyone...

What if someone gets sick or something in the house? I will have to sleep in the car!!
    Please help!! Ugh..wish I wasnt this way! What will I do?

Any suggestions?

Hi and welcome to the forum. We have the same problem as you, and you are not the lesser person for it either. I used to know someone who suffered from panic attacks because she was always afraid that whenever she was on the first floor of a building, the building would collapse. Her fear was so realto her, that she barley ever left the house. She was 45 when I met her, and that was about 7 years ago.

I can understand your embarrasement, as I was very reluctantto tell anyone as well. Yet my mother and friends noticed a change in my behavour,than I couldn't hide it anymore. I thought that my friends and family would think that I was nuts, but it was quite the opposite. The werevery interestedabout my condition and fear, as it isn't something that you hear about everyday.

Tell someone whom you trust. Talk to your doctor, don't hide in the shadows anymore. Break the chain of silence. You are not crazy, nor are you different. I know a platton chief in the fire department who suffers from panic and anxiety. At times he is afraid to fall alseep.

And who cares what anyone else thinks? It's your opinion that counts.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

A quote I think about from time-to-time:

I wish I didnt have this problem of being so afriad of being sick or others being sick. It spoils my fun at times.

"So do all who wish to live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. What they should decide is what to do when the time is given to them."

Welcome to the site, though you're hardly considered a newbie. ^_^ I'm sorry things are going bad for you, Ren, but the odds of someone getting sick in your company, specificially on that day or time is slim. Just try to stay calm, get your thoughts focused and decide is it really worth it?

Jilly &lt;3

Thanks Sparky and Jilly.. I should talk to my therapist about it. See, I also have OCD (nothing TOO extreme) ... so this is probably all tied in.

I just wanna go on vacation and have a good time. I always do.. but I would feel better if it were just adults going. lol

Yeah I think you are right though... I guess chances are slim. Lets just hope there is nothing going around though.. Edited by: ren2005

So I guess I should just relax and enjoy my vacation at the beach?
    It IS my favorite place in the world to be....

But its that ONE thing..that will be in the back of my mind.. Ugh.. make it go away! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I hope everyone stays healthy next week!! Or else Ill be wanting to leave.

Welcome and glad you de-lurked!

You try not to worry much, and have the best time you can on your vacation You'll have a great time!

Be good and don't let the jellyfish bite!

Your forum friend,

Renee

</font>

Welcome to the site. I can't travel at all I always get sick when I travel I can't even NAME a trip that I've gone on where I didn't get sick! But you should try to go an have a good time and just try to think that "At least I'm not traveling with Monica" Maybe that will help!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Welcome to the site. Consider yourself luckily. At my stage I can't even go 20 minutes away from home without freaking out =(
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)