Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default in need of reassurance - feeling panicked...please help.

Good evening everyone,

I had an appetite all day but had a long work day and wasn't able to eat until about 5:30pm, at which time I had some butternut squash ravioli. I have IBS that has been flaring up pretty badly for the last few months, but for the past month or so I've actually been feeling really good and having normal BM's. Tonight though I feel a strange feeling of fullness and discomfort since eating three hours ago. I'm not feeling any better and am having waves of strange feelings where it feels like I need to burp but my body won't let me. I had two BM's today - both fairly normal but not as good as most have been the last month or so. I took pepto bismol twice but it hasn't helped. Currently sipping on some ginger ale and trying to relax. Any reassurance given the circumstances at hand would be incredibly helpful for me at this point. Sometimes I feel this type of discomfort but never for over three hours. Thanks for reading and for your consideration of responding!

Default Re: in need of reassurance - feeling panicked...please help.

sometimes if I am hungry but can't eat, the acid builds up and then when I do eat, it doesn't sit right, I feel overfull, gassy, etc. kind of what you describe. its like your stomach shrinks and then all of a sudden can't hold your real food. I would say you are doing what you can...can you take a short walk? or do something to distract, like polish your toe nails or organize your closet, etc? sometimes just doing something in your house to organize really helps.