Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: In the water

Default In the water

So first thing I do today is stupidly check my Facebook the usual cause of panic ! Supposedly its in the water (miles and miles away from me btw) people are being told not to drink from the tap and supermarkets are running out of bottled water LOL is anything safe from it anymore! I remember this happened in my area about 2 years ago n people came down with v and d from tap water no wonder people turn into germaphobs

Default Re: In the water

I read about this too, we also had this in my area a few years ago. It is frightening but I think these things are pretty rare. If the supermarkets run out of bottled water boiling the water before use gets rid of the bacteria. When it happened in our area the water company drove round handing out bottled water.

I never really drink out of a tap anyway but it's just crazy that it's even in the water supply Im fed up with the constant s* talk this year

I can't believe they drove around and gave you's out bottled water that was pretty decent of them we only got a note through the door to say the water was bad but it was too late for half the village lol

I think it was only to the elderly and families with young children. It is worrying, a few months ago my husband left for work really early in the morning and heard on the radio about a water scare so I went out and panic bought loads of 2 litre bottles of water and was quizzing the school as they let children drink out of a water fountain, it turned out to be a false alarm but better to be safe than sorry, lol! Do you know what it was that caused the water problem? The one in our area was caused by a dead animal somehow getting into the water supply reservoir, eew!

I just remembered, the morning my husband scared me about the water I'd drank a pint of water before he rang me and one he told me that I was convinced I'd caught cryptosporidium as I felt so so sick!

I'm not too sure there was some name on it in the news but I can't remember as id never heard of the word before but I was reading comments from other people about it and a few people had mentioned a pheasant got into the supply somehow and died not sure either why the news didn't just say a dead pheasant caused it .. To be fair those type of animals carry brutal diseases so I'm not suprised really people got so s*