Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey,
    i have got through my therapy (CBT)request form from NPS - National Phobic Society and apparently it ususally takes about 2 weeks to get a referal through them! this is superb news as i think i can do this - i.e take at the most 32.5mg of effexor and then use therapy to really sort my head out properly. and its much much cheaper than the private therapy i looked at.

Id really recommend NPS if ur not a member already!

ems x

Congratulations! I bet you are excited to work on this!
    \"This too shall pass\"

I am really pleased for you. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

YESS!!! i am so very happy for you...

good luck!!!!

xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks guys,

hey jen - did u say u were still waiting for CBT? i wondered coz at NPS, they hope to make a referal within tow weeks of your application. and sessions are only 7.50 for students (unfortunately im not a student anymore but even £25 is better than what some placesa are chargin!)

ems x

Hey Ems,

How did you go about contacting the NPS? I am also in the UK, and would
    like to contact them.. Do you know if they have sessions all over, and
    can refer you to someone in your local area?

Thanks! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Kim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

it depends which therapy you are after - they have a list on the website. you need to be a member to get referred but it only costs about £16 a year and the newsletter is really informative anyway. if you go to the NPS website, you can fine more info there.

im lucky coz they have CBT in Weston Super Mare - but in other places they have otehr therapies too.

Thats
    great, thanks so much for getting back to me, I will have a look on
    their website, i'm in London so i'm sure I will be able to find
    suitable therapy here somewhere, even though the NHS etc is so crappy!

</span></font></span>

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

yes they can send you a sheet with all the post codes - which one are you in londond coz i have the sheet on me so i can look for you now!

ems x

i am waiting for CBT yes but i'm being referred to the psychology department of my local NHS hospital... so i may as well give that a shot first!

i will defenitely keep that in mind though.. i have come very close to becoming a member of the NPS.. i know Izzy is and i think its a great organisation.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: