Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What's wrong with me?

I've been experiencing some odd symptoms for a little less than a week now.
    I have a general feeling if illness, some days I feel nauseous CONSTANTLY (mostly after I eat or drink; though the thing is, it usually is just an annoyance, only once or twice did the nausea get really bad and once I believe it was just because something I ate didn't settle well with me), I'm extremely gassy and I've been feeling an abnormal tiredness/weakness. My Mom insists I caught something, but if it was noro or any virus like that I would assume I would have been sick in some way by now, or had d*. Today my Mom came home early from work complaining of the same sort of symptoms, just a general sensation of bleh.
    I've been relaxing in bed, but I'm faintly wondering if it's my anxiety acting up and giving me these physical symptoms, considering everything wrong with me could be chalked up to anxiety. Thing is, nothing bad happened lately to trigger it.
    I'm thinking of going to my doctor if it lasts for much longer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

Default Re: What's wrong with me?

Sounds exactly like what I had when I stopped eating consistently due to anxiety about a 'virus' .... Also go get your blood checked, I sometimes feel a bit faint and ike I'm getting the flu and my doctor told me yesterday
    'Thyroid, liver, kidneys all functioning very well. But your iron is low which can result in weakness ...especially in women...try get over the counter pills or I can prescribe you some'

This has explained ALOT and I've tried to eat a more balanced diet.
    Otherwise, your symptoms will ease when ya stop thinking of it(most likely)....the symptoms you're describing sound like a virus is trying to get you but it doesn't seem to be serious so maybe just take advantage of your time off and relax....but at the same time keep your mind fixated on something else cos last week I was n* after eating the tiniest of portions and I freaked and ran to my mum and doc but just as I imagined , I 'let go' of the worry and now I'm back to my 200g bar of chocolate-a-day self.
    Eat what you fancy as this will encourage your appetite...

I'm not a doc but am a classic worrier when it comes to tummy things!!!

Hope you feel better, let us know.