Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Isn't It Tiring?

Does this phobia/fear ever make you just feel so "tired"?

Tired of washing hands.

Tired of being on alert all night when a kiddo has a benign tummy ache.

Tired of feeling so anxious because even if I or someone is sick it is not the end of the world.

What are you all tired of?

Default Re: Isn't It Tiring?

Tired of being caught up in my own head and over analyzing every sensation in my body.

Absolutely! One of the biggest things that helped me with recovery was just being tired of it all. I finally said, "I'm sick of this. I'd rather stop doing these exhausting behaviors and take the small risk of catching a bug now and then." And that's helping me continue with recovering/recovery. I just don't feel like sanitizing everything, I don't feel like obsessing about washing my hands before I eat every single time, if I have an itch on my face, I'm going to scratch it even if my hands haven't been washed. I got tired of researching all of the best products to kill noro, etc. So I stopped. I wash my hands every time I use the bathroom and often before I eat, but other than that I don't unless my hands actually seem to be dirty. I don't interrogate people about how they feel, what they were sick with, etc because it's exhausting and it doesn't even matter.

So basically one of the biggest helps for me getting into recovery was just being so freakin tired!

Quote Originally Posted by horsewoman View Post
    Tired of being caught up in my own head and over analyzing every sensation in my body.
    This is 100% me!!!!!!

I'm tired of washing my hands constantly. My hands are starting to get red again from all the hand washing I do.

I'm tired of constantly worrying that my boyfriend is going to get *it too.

I'm tired of judging people who don't wash their hands before they eat.

I'm tired of all the stupid rituals I do for this phobia.

xx

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - JFK

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz

It's exhausting worrying 24/7 about being sick and any noise your stomach makes! Sometimes I feel scared of being in my own body xx

Yep! Am tired of nausea, tired of worrying about nausea, tired of overthinking. Being in a state of panic at some point almost every day is completely exhausting!

tired of worrying about being nauseous, tired of actually getting nauseous due to the worry, and tired of it just getting worse from there. every. single. day.

Everything, the embarrassment. Feeling like I can't talk to anyone because I know they don't understand. My hands are raw, my stomach is constantly turning. Everytime someone hands me money at the till I feel like I need to wash my hands right away. At my hair program it definitely holds me Back. Obviously in hair you need to be up close with people and in their bubble. Touching their heads and hair, using my equipment on them. During flu season I feel like I'm packing around a kit full of noro. Obviously these are irrational thoughts. But they're there daily and I'm tired of it =/

I'm tired of not leaving my house the majority of the time and missing out on all the awesome things going on around me. I'm tired of feeling sick to my stomach ALL of the time, and missing work because of it. I'm tired of feeling depressed because I feel that I will never get over this and never escape. I'm tired of none of my friends or family understanding and always hearing comments like "You are ALWAYS feeling sick (eye rolling)". I'm tired of taking Gravol/Stugeron every single day of my life and being groggy because of it. I'm just tired of everything, of not being normal.

I'm beyond tired of it. I don't really worry about myself, it is more along the lines of my kids getting sick. I feel like I have been a lot better than I used to be. I send my son off to kindergarten everyday without having a panic attack. I did have a small one this morning when I saw v* at his school, but I'm almost over it. I'm getting to the point where I'm like... "It's going to happen, nothing I do will stop it from happening, kids get sick, just get used to it." If my husband was a stay at home dad and could help when this stuff happens I feel like id be A LOT better off. Right now I just worry about the random times when he is at work (early in the morning) and it happens. I don't know if I could do it on my own just yet.

I don't know. I'm just sick of ruining my life over this. I can't live this way anymore and I won't. I won't ever be completely over my phobia, but I am sick of letting it consume my damn life.

i'm tired of people telling me "You just need to v* a few times to get used to it!"
    They don't understand THERE'S NO GETTING USED TO IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spik View Post
    i'm tired of people telling me "You just need to v* a few times to get used to it!"
    They don't understand THERE'S NO GETTING USED TO IT!!!
    Yeah, I don't think anyone ever gets used to v*. Not even people who AREN'T phobic of it! People have said that to me about the kids...

"You just need to get through a few stomach viruses to get used to them getting sick"...Um no. I mean I'm sure after I've handled it a few times I won't react as BADLY but I still won't be "used to it". That is normal though. V* is a very uncomfortable, yucky process. I know that the dread will always be there, I just want to be able to handle myself like a level headed adult when my kids get sick. I don't want to run away, have a panic attack, and pace the house all night. Last time my daughter got sick I almost ended up in the hospital again. I will not let this phobia consume me anymore.

I was so feeling this whole thread before reading it today...I was gonna post the same thing cos I woke up feeling weird and unable to identify my feeling then realised it was a bit of acid hunger and tiredness but I just went to bed (I had a late class luckily) and thought "You know what. I'm not even gonna panic this time, sick of feeling like this" ...then got up and functioned eventually.

I have a new "I'm tired of.." ;
    Wasting money on food I fancy then when it's dinnertime I just don't even wanna eat cos I'm scared. Then I feel weak all night, its a stupid thing, I even feel like v* doesn't exist anymore as the fear has been there 13 years but the v* incidents in my life aren't even a quarter of that.

Ugh.

I have no idea of how other people see it. Maybe for them it's just as bad as having the flu and coughing or having a fever. For me it's one of the worst things that could ever happen to me, and every time i hear someone has SV i panic! I will never understand how some people make themselves v* for relief! Kimin good luck with handling the sick kinds situations, wow, i will never be able to handle that if I have kids:/