Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Who is Samara? And why is she on tv?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I believe it is Samara from the movie "The Ring". If you watch the movie you will see that she comes out of the TV to kill people. I've seen the movie several times, so I'm assuming this is what is being referred to.

Jess

LMAO! I've wondered the same thing! Thanks for the insight, Jess. I feel like a dope.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Yes it's Samara from The Ring. I'm in love with that movie! See it's about a cursed video tape and when you watch it you have seven days left to live. At the end of your seven days Samara comes out of your TV and kills you. It's a rather gruesome death. Your face gets all morphed and distorted and from what all the "Ringworms" Gather you die of fear. I'm a Ringworm...I belong to The Ring Forum. I was going to make my name "Samara on Your TV" But it was too long. I hope that helps explain some things. RINGWORMS RULE!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

It's a great scary movie if you're ever interested in watching one! I love horror flicks!

Jess

I LOVE horror movies too! I've seen "The Ring" I just had no clue that her name was Samara. D'OH!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I LOVED The Ring. When I saw your name Samara's on TV-I thought"how cool is that!" I did'nt like part 2 though. I was hoping It was gonna be more about her as a baby and just a differant storyline all together really. Like-the adoptive mother was so distraught about being infertile that she sells her soul to the devil and Samara is born and they try to make her a "normal" child but she's just-well, evil.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Yeah I know I was wishing that they would bring up more stuff about her childhood. I waited for almost 3 years to see the sequel. After the first movie came out I KNEW there was going to be a sequel and I was counting down the days even back then! I loved the movie SO MUCH! The first movie was definately better then the second one but I liked the end of the second one where they showed how she got out of the well. I saw the Second one 5 times in theaters and Downloaded it illegally (Hee hee) And I saw the first one in theaters 3 times. The first movie scared the CRAP out of my I had nightmares for weeks! That's what makes it such a good movie!

~Monica

Wow! You learn something new everyday! I didn't know that lol!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lol didn't know that! I've been wanting to see it, but scared theres v*!

WARNING: do not read this if you plan on seeing this movie for the first time!!!Yeah Monica, I could'nt sleep for a week either! I totally did'nt expect her to come out of the tv in the end-I thought it was gonna be this happy ending!I don't remember any v*scenes in it Laura. There IS one part where she (Rachel-the mom charector)is choking on this medical wire thingy and kinda chokes it up but it really was'nt gross or anything. Just the sounds she was making mabey. I'd rate The Ring as one of my top ten horror movies ever. I aslo loved Pet cemetary, Halloween 1, Friday the 13th 1, Nightmare on elm st. 1, Evil Dead 1, Poltergeist 1, The Shining, Ju On, and The exorcist.

hehe - thats funny - i wondered too actually!!

altho i didnt really like the ring to be honest - not keen on horror really. not that i thought it was even that scary - just cant remember it 'gripping' me!!

i liked SAW tho! this was really good - more thriller id say tho!

ems x

Wow Swiftette you've seen Ju-On? I own that movie and it's TOTALLY better then The Grudge was but I'm a BIG fan when it comes to Japanese horror movies...have you seen Uzumaki? There are some pretty graphic scenes in it like at the beginning where they guy has a cracked skull! EWWW! Anyway I'm probably the only one who has seen it so I'll shut up now.

~Monica

I loved Ju-On. I did'nt bother seeing The Grudge because I figured how could it be made any better? I've never seen Uzumaki but now I think I'm gonna have to get it[img]smileys/smilies_38.gif[/img]Sounds like a hell of a good flick!Deep water is another remake on a Japanese horror movie-thats out this weekend I think.

Sometimes I pull all of my hair down in my face and pretend I'm Samara to my husband. He thinks it's hilarious!

Has anyone watched the Japanese version of "The Ring"? I've seen it in the video store and wondered if it was good.

Jess

didn't they make a ring 2? I want to see it but haven't seen advertised. I think one of my friends bought the dvd off the black market, but i may be wrong.

not to brag, but i saw pet cemetary in there, and i had to tell the story. you know the creepy sister with spinal meningitis?(i think it was that) the guy who played that is an actor in our local theatre. he is so short and cute and he comes to the store i work in all the time. once, i had to tell him that the role was one of the creepiest i had ever seen. he was very thankful. what a sweetie!! i don't know why i posted this, just thought it was cute and somewhat applicable...

Wow, that was a GUY who played Zelda?OHHH that was the creepiest part of the movie, when she was like"Rachel" in that screechy voice[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]!I could'nt look at her after the first time I saw that flick-at night , Icould swear I could SEE her in my room!