Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

guys - i just cant eat anymore - its pathetic but i cant eat my meals.

does anyone use meal replacement juices/shakes or bars? i want something that will make me feel full by putting minimal into my body.

this is purely emet related - im not trying to lose weight or anything- i just cant seem to stomach a meal at the moment. my appetite is gone...are the pills u can take or drinks? help!

ems x

i drank ensure, not positive if you have this in the uk. i also ate nutrition bars when i felt like i could actually eat. from emet, i was 84 lbs (i'm 5'6) reaalllly skinny. i do recommend, however, getting on a medication that can take your mind off of obsessing about the possibilities of what food can do. supplements are ok, but you can't live off of them forever (trust me- i tried) i am now on Lexapro and that has helped me gain 40 (gasp!) pounds. good luck, keep us posted

Emma I've also taken ensure...they are OK,although u have to picky with your flavors some of them are nasty....but i got mine through the doctor on prescription...so the UK def have them...and my father is on them at the moment because he has lost so much weight through kidney faliure....but they are a milkshake drink and handy to have...they have all the vitamins and nutrients that a body needs if not eating....

c what your doc says...not sure if u can buy at boots or any chemist,I'm sure they do but i got mine on prescription....

take care and e-mail meif needed

Vicky x