Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everybody. I’m new to this site; however I'vesuffered fromEmetophobia for about 3 years now. I just realized that I developed this fear/phobia/anxiety about the same time I started drinking Diet Coke heavily, so I decided to look up any information on Aspartame (artificial sweetener, which is used in Diet Coke) and Anxiety. I found a great deal of information. Here are a few links. Sorry if this information is old…It’s news to me. Thanks for all the awesome support!

http://www.anxietypanic.com/aspartame.html

http://www.fastq.com/~dwaz/nutrswt2.html

Danny T.

Do you think to stuck your finger in your mouth to let you “v” would help to cure the fear? Many of my friends do believe it would help. But they don’t understand the fear… everyday….of our lives.

You can die from artificial sweetener?!

Luckily I avoid the stuff not because of health precautions but solely based on the taste - nothing can substitute pure grain sugar and think to get the sameresults with less carbs. Especially Splenda. *Cringe*

Edited by: peachfeet

Yeah artificial sweeteners contain something that is a known carcinogen. Why people use it is beyond me. They taste like crap and they can cause neurological problems!!

<3 Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope I don't offend anyone, but here's my view:

People really need to stop falling for internet rebel sites and look up the actual scientific papers written during the testing phase (which, I might add, is becoming more and more impossible as false junk circulates further). Drinking a few diet sodas is not going to hurt you unless you have phenylketonuria or experience an allergic reaction to aspartame constituents. Drinking 20 diet sodas a day WILL result in discomfort (an experiment I will never again repeat ;D) in the form of bloating, nausea, cramps, etc. That's to be expected, because such large amounts of methanol, aspartic acid, and phenylalanine--the moleculesasparatame is broken down into--don't exist naturally in the intestine.

Why do I bring up the 20 diet sodas? Equivalent doses. For example, the appearance of cancer in rats conincided with the consumption of-- for the rat's size-- enormous amounts of aspartame. Rats are small. If you wanted to consume an equivalent amount for your body weight, you'd have to eat several pounds of aspartame a day until your system began to scream overload.

I don't mean to say that aspartame isn't responsible for someproblems, but it's not as dangerous as these websites make it out to be. :/ If you can, try to find a website where the words "FDA conspiracy" are absent. Because, really, the world is still flat, we never landed on the moon, and the government has planted mind-control devices in our kitchens.

I figure it's basic common sense that thing you eat should come from a plant or animal and not a laboratory.

Really, if this sugar substitute junk was naturally occuring instead of
    sugar, we wouldn't be here! Sugar tastes good for a reason...it's the
    only form that the brain can use for energy. I don't see any reason to
    eat this substitute nonsense....which is pretty obviously not great for
    you, regardless of what concentration was used on rats. It's been known
    to cause headaches and the like.

of course it won't KILL you, but that doesn't say much. Drinking real
    pop won't either....people don't get fat from drinking pop unless
    they're out of control, which isn't the sugar's fault.

what a horrible night to have a curse.