Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Who's read it yet?

I've been waiting for it for sooo long. I wanted to go get it at midnight but wasn't allowed, so I went out the next day at 10 am and read it solidly until I finished at3.30 that night. Oh my God, I can not believe the ending, none of my family have finished it yet, please someone here say they have!!! And give a warning in case of spoilers.Edited by: x hannah x

I've finished it too, maybe we could edit the title of this thread so it shows there will be spoilers in it and then we can talk about it? Cos I'm dying to talk about it!!!!!!!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

*************SPOILERS*************

Done.

OMIGOD!!!! Dumbldore and Snape????? I did not see that coming. I hate Jk Rowling now. The last book must be happier. Right? (The world: Wrong.) I guessed who the prince was though.

And also I read it at night and I hadLove Actuallyon as my going to sleep film so when I finished and looked up to seeAlan Rickmanon the screen I turned it off. It's not his fault. And did anyone else want to throw the book across the room when they finished?

I've finished it! It was soo good but sad...I sort of knew in the back of my mind that snape was still a death eater, but i didn't expect dumbledore killed until at least the last book! I also didn't like how they're all quitting school...I mean it's not like they can go back to it! and all of the books have sort of centered around Hogwarts, so the last one will be strange. I guess it would be sort of weird without dumbledore...hum. Who knows...maybe they'll go back for a little bit anyways or something. I just can't let go!!!!

Oh and it was sad that he had to break up with Ginny, but i guess J.K. Rowling didn't want to have to write too much about a romance in the last book.

Oh and hannah, I also guessed who the prince was, but only when harry started using the "dark" spells from it.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I'm not sure ifSnape is bad. I know that sounds mental right now given everything but Dumbledore trsuted him and if it turns out Snape is evil then it makes DD look like a foolish old man when we have been told several times that he is one of the greatest wizards. Also Snape was saying things to Harry like "until you learn to close your mind" etc etc like he was giving him hints

But then again Jk herself hinted that people will "cling to desperate hope" in regards to Snape So I just don't know anymore. everytime I think I've sussed it someone argues another good point for or against. for now I will believe Snape = Evil and I will hate him...but I'm open to being proved wrong!

I think Ginny will be waiting, if not helping Harry in the last book.Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I finished it last night at 4 AM! Dumbledore, lordy lordy lordy. It was kinda funny though, because during all the other books Ron has always been right! He always suspected Snape of being a Deatheater, despite everyone saying "Dumbledore trusts hime!" Geez, I can't really picturea world without Dumbledore. Then again, unlike Sirius he isn't entirely gone! His portrait is now in the office so that means they can still talk to him, correct?

I don't hate Jo for killing him off. He was bound to die soon enough anyway; old and withered hand and most likely after drinking that poisoned potion in the cave. I just wish he didn't have to be killed off like that - killed off by someone he trusted when no one else did. And with a feeble pleading coming from a great wizard like him, it was almost hard to read. Grrr, Snape. He'll get what's coming to him!

Kinda glad Harry broke up with Ginny. I was starting to get jealous. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

It was a great book over all, but book five is still my favorite. Edited by: peachfeet

I think Snape might still be good. Both him and Dumbledore are masters of mind reading (cant spell the word lol) Dumbledore was already dying from the effects of the lake water. He knew that if Snape killed him he'd go out easier, he also knew it would help Malfoy and save him and possibly turn him to the light side. When Dumbledore said "Severus, please" he wasnt pleading for his life, he was pleading for his death. Just a theory.

RAB. Regulas Black ..... DEFINATELY *lol* Remember the locket that wouldnt open at the order headquarters? What was the order headquarters? The black house. Regulas stole the horcrux and kept it at his home. Then the order found it and thought it was just an unopenable locket. Also just a theory.

I have lots more theories. Just ask if you want .... lol

x
    <font color=MAGENTA>*~Lauren~*</font>
    [b]Music fans
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow..good theories!!!

Makes me think!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

What a book!

I've heard theories that Snape really was obeying Dumbledore's command to kill him, but they did their "mind talk". Dumbledore insisted that Harry follow his commands no matter what, and I think Snape also was in this position. Just how would he convince everyone else that he did NOT kill Dumbledore against Dumbledore's wishes?

Man this book just felt different than the others, it had a real sad dreary tone to it, like the happy Hogwarts is not what it was in teh first books.

I really wonder what next? Part of me doesn't want to read the 7th book and have more sorrowful things happen, I'm sure more will die.

When Dumbledore said "Severus, please" he wasnt pleading for his life, he was pleading for his death. Just a theory.

I actually had a different idea, I dont think he was begging for his lofe or death, I think he was begging for Snape to save Malfoy from becoming evil.

Hannah, by pleasing for his death thats what i mean. He was begging for Severus to kill him and not Malfoy, thus saving Malfoy's soul, so to speak.

x
    <font color=MAGENTA>*~Lauren~*</font>
    [b]Music fans

I definately loved this book, in my opinion it was the best one yet. I read it all day after it came out, and finished it that night. Which was annoying because I couldn't talk to anyone about it! There are tons of things to say, but we'll never know if they're right until we read #7. One thing though, is that I did think this book had a happy tone throughout it, especially in the middle, which I really liked. I thought #5 was pretty intense the whole way through, but this one had some really good moments despite the ending. My favourite part was definately when they had the Quidditch match and Harry pretended to use the Felix so that Ron would play confidentaly. I can't wait until 7!
    \"We have nothing to fear but fear itself.\"

I agree, Paula! My favorite part, by far, is when Harry walks in on Ginny and Dean and how Jo describes that beast emerging inside him. I thought that was hilarious! Just loved how she described it:
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

"It was as though something large and scaly erupted into life in Harry's stomach, clawing at his insides: Hot blood seemed to flood his brain, so that all thought was extinguished, replaced by a savage urge to jinx Dean into jelly. Wresting with this sudden madness, he heard Ron's voice as if from a great distance away." </BLOCKQUOTE>