Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I bought them -I have a virus(not an sv*)that won't go away and I was supposed to start taking a multi-vitamin but of course, I'm afraid it will upset my stomach. The directions say take with food but I think that's is for absorbtion. Should I try them?They are supposed to taste l ike chocolate![img]smileys/smilies_18.gif[/img]yummy
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Yes. I used to take the Caramel ones. You'll be fine. I do not know how they could possibly cause a stomach to upset. I mean, they're vitamins. Take them! You'll be fine. It is a really nice way to take vitamins because it tastes like candy, but is nutritional. I know the Caramel ones taste good. But, I have never taken the chocolate ones.

I think the food thing is for absorbing. Just eat like you normally do, and take one right after you eat. That is what I did. Like I said, they should (and probably will) NOT cause stomach problems.

Elizabeth

Hey Swiftette,

I have a really hard time taking vitamins, they almost always make my tummy upset. But I found that liquid vitamins do not. You just mix a spoonful with juice or water and drink it down. Never had any trouble with these.

Hope you feel better soon.

--Kim

I have taken those vitamins, and for the first couple days, I was nauseated, but I could feel the vitamin being absorbed if that makes any sense?? I also take a childrens vitamin, it is much weaker than the adult ones, and gets the job done!

I suppose, like the people above, some people can get nauseated from vitamins, but most people probably would not. It is up to you. You may want to try, like mitch04133 said, children's vitamins.

I took those Viactiv (that is how it is spelled, I think, unless the ones you are talking about have a similar name, not not the same) vitamin chews after eating, and with a little water, and I felt fine. I guess it depends on the person. If you do take vitamins, do not worry, because you might just trick yourself into thinking you will have tummy trouble from them, but it is from your worrying, not the vitamins. *shrugs*

Try what you feel is safe for you.

Elizabeth

I take the chocolate ones, both the multi vitamin and the calcium. I take them with other meds about 30 minutes before I eat. It is probably better to take them with food, but I have a lot of meds to keep track of so its easier to have them in groups.

I just tried the Viactive a few weeks ago and I really like them. The chocolate tastes better than I thought. I have just been taking one every few days and I haven't noticed any stomach upset, so I think you'll be fine. I also take Flintstones vitamins, too since I don't like to swallow big vitamin pills!

Jess

I have tried the viactive....the chocolate ones...and well vitamins have always given my stomach the upsets....so i think these did too...but i kept on taking them anyway, two a day...and they seem to be fine now....but I also take the tums...the smoothe dissolve kind...for calcium....and they work just as well.......so just keep taking them and soon your body will adjust to them and won't bother you....good luck ..Kate

How'd it go? I've taken the Viactiv calcium before but not the vitamins. I would eat before taking it anyhow, I'm weird like that, every pill I take I eat at least a little something before. Currently I take the Walgreens brand multivitamin w/ iron and no problems there, been taking them for years. You shoudl be fine! Good luck!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin