Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default When to send kids back to school after being sick?

My son v* last night, it was a pretty terrible event for him But afterward, he felt so much better, he slept and woke up feeling good. He has eaten today and been fine with it... The only symptom he's had today was a little d* (like 2x's this morning but didn't feel sick) and has been totally fine since, eating, drinking, playing, etc.. I'm thinking of sending him to school tomorrow but am a bit worried we'll spread it.. What do you all think?
    BTW back in December we were blamed for everyone getting the sv.. He was sick with a virus I guess, but before I knew it was so bad, we stopped on the way home from the doctor at a field trip the class was having.. Everyone was outside and we stayed maybe 10 min.. I felt like it was ok since he wasn't inside with everyone.. Anyway, it was going through the school and we were blamed for it.. I felt sooo bad! Ironic, as it's usually the other way around and I wouldn't spread sickness intentionally for anything!! Maybe I should keep him home.. :/

Default Re: When to send kids back to school after being sick?

In the UK there is a 48 hour exclusion from nurseries and primary schools (idk about secondary schools) after the last bout of vomiting and/or diarrhoea.

Our schools have a "rule" 24 hours after symptoms end they are allowed back. So if he had d at 11am that technically isn't 24 hours. I've fought my daughters school all year because they aren't following this district wide policy. Kids are v*ing in CLASS and allowed back the next day. Our district has turned to shit. We have enrolled her in a private school for next year, I'm not dealing with it again. If I were you go with your mom instincts, if it is telling you keep him home one more day, than do that. And follow your schools policy For when they can return.

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    Our schools have a "rule" 24 hours after symptoms end they are allowed back. So if he had d at 11am that technically isn't 24 hours. I've fought my daughters school all year because they aren't following this district wide policy. Kids are v*ing in CLASS and allowed back the next day. Our district has turned to shit. We have enrolled her in a private school for next year, I'm not dealing with it again. If I were you go with your mom instincts, if it is telling you keep him home one more day, than do that. And follow your schools policy For when they can return.
    That's disgraceful! I don't blame you for changing schools, what's the point of having rules to control infection then blatantly ignoring them? I'm sure some parents of older children flout rules like this by telling their kids not to tell anyone they vomited which is bad enough but for the school to turn a blind eye is so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek View Post
    That's disgraceful! I don't blame you for changing schools, what's the point of having rules to control infection then blatantly ignoring them? I'm sure some parents of older children flout rules like this by telling their kids not to tell anyone they vomited which is bad enough but for the school to turn a blind eye is so wrong.
    Not hijacking the thread but yep it is disgraceful! Even had a meeting with the principal about it, he denied all of it and guess what! Four days later a little girl v*s in my daughters class and of course is back the next day. Yep. So done!
    Hope your kiddo is feeling better Horsewoman!

He recovered quickly and was fine, thanks. I didn't send him the next day.. I wish our schools had policies like that.. They encourage coming to school no matter what! ugh..