Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Hi guys,

I am going on holiday in a few days and I am petrified of the 8 hour train journey I have to do![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]The doctor has prescribed Diazipam, but only if i feel really bad-which I always do! However, the bottle came on its own and no side-effects were shown. Does anyone know of any s*ness side effects?

Also, how do they make you feel? Would they help calm me down?

Thanks

Flissx</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

Diazapam is my friend! no no that sounds bad. Ok one time I took some pills which made me go completely...off the wall. I had a bad reaction to an anti depressant and didnt sleep or eat for 3 days, i was crying on the bathroom floor and self harming. The Dr came round with Diazapam, I took one and managed to sleep! You won't V* with it, I doubt you could it makes you so relaxed!

What i would suggest is taking half a pill when you feel very anxious, and if it doesnt take the edge off take the other half. The reason I say take it in halves is it can knock you out and make you feel quite sluggish which you might not want, but half a one will take the edge off. It will relax...every part of you, kinda like the feeling right before you go to sleep. It will definately help if you need it.

Where are you off to? I used to have to go 8 hours from England to Scotland by train and for a while I couldn't cos I would panic but now it's fine, I guess since I've been doing the journey all my life I am vry used to it now.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Hi hippychick,

Thanks for that its really good advise! I think i'll try one later in a controlled environment-so I can see what its like. The doctor was reluctant to give me anything because he says im too young-but i begged him! LOL [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Im off to the south of france, I have been before-but Im agoraphobic as well and I like to know i can get back to "safety" (that being my house). I have no option really, but to go..........

Thanks again xxx[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

I was agoraphobic too for a long time, I couldn't get on the train because I couldn't bear to be so far away. the first time I did travel after it all I think my mum was more anxious than I was, asking ever 5 mins if I was ok! Bless her. A whole one can....knock ya out lol but its a good idea to try. Don't take them for more than 2 weeks as they have addictive qualiities but I dont think the Dr will have given you much and again if you are away and it gets too much take half a tablet.

I used to have an anxiety travel kit, it had ginger, anti sickness tablets, diazapam, Rescue Remedy all that sort of stuff and it went everywhere with me that might help you a little bit.

Xxxxxxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.