Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Parties :/

Default Parties :/

I'm not good with parties at all! Regardless of if people there are consuming alcohol or over eating, just being around so many care free people is stressful! Can anyone relate so I don't feel alone?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.

Default Re: Parties :/

I definitely relate! But one thing that brings me comfort is knowing why they v*d rather than it being a SV. what I do is stay around people who aren't drinking so heavily and far away from the bathroom.

What I find ironic is that if I'm also tipsy or drunk, my anxiety lessens and I'm pretty sure I've been in the next cubicle to someone who was v* at a club but just didn't register, however I sober up FAST if I feel like the sick one.... generally if you don't wanna see get sick at parties I'd suggest drinking a little, it will ease the fear haha but yeah I know what you guys mean :/ kind of a hell for us especially if were the only sober ones

Tay- It is comforting to know that there's no illness no catch, yet my mind still just has to think "If one person v, then everyone else will by chain reaction, then I will too!" I only go to parties if it's for a good friend, and I won't stay once people have been drinking for a while.

Cheesecake- Lol, except for the cubicle part. If only I could just relax for one night and just do SOMETHING without so much fear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.