Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help, think this might be it!

So I have been feeling bloated all day I just carried on about my day, ate some breakfast (buttered toast) and a twix. Well I was in my kitchen washing up and about to make tea when I started to feel like I have before I have v* in the past (weird feeling in jaw, salivating a lot and shallow breathing) Now i'm absolutely terrified that its going to happen. The weird thing is that I dont feel n* just a bit uncomfortable. Also I had a touch of heartburn earlier which I took a pill for. Does this sound like I'm going to? Or that I have an SV. Im really freaking out!!!

Default Re: Please help, think this might be it!

If you're not nauseous, then it's highly unlikely you'll v*. If you've been feeling stressed about getting something, that could attribute to the heartburn and shallow breathing. Heck, sometimes I feel like I'm going to gag when I'm really anxious! Reading your previous thread, you would not just be coming down with something now. It's been quite a few days; if you had
    gotten anything, seems to me that you would have had it and gotten better by now! Don't worry, anxiety will just make it worse. Try to relax

Heartburn will do that to me once in a while. It's super scary, but it hasn't made me vomit yet. Usually it happens after I eat something sweet while having heartburn. So maybe your Twix is to blame. How are you feeling now?

Recently I tried to drink Ramune (a fizzy soft drink) when I'd been having gas and heartburn in the hopes that it might relieve the gas by helping it get out - it did pretty much exactly what you described. Seems like sugary things with an acidy stomach can do that so it might just be the Twix!

V*ing without n* is extremely rare, so it seems like you'll be fine. How are you feeling now?

It don't sound like a sv if your not n*, you probably just have a little heartburn or indigestion