Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default just absolutely freaking out

I'm at work right now and should not be on here but I'm panicking and can't do work...I woke up with a pretty bad stomach ache...had d* this morning, felt a little better afterward and stupidly had some coffee. On my drive to work, my stomach ache came back. I just took some pepto but I'm light headed, feel like perhaps I'm on the verge of nausea...I'm so scared. My stomach doesn't hurt as much as it did but the light-headedness is freaking me out...I don't know if it's anxiety or me just really not feeling well. I tried going to the bathroom again but nothing. I really don't want to be at work right now, I'm so scared.

Default Re: just absolutely freaking out

How are you feeling now? Upset stomach can definitely make you feel horrible, but it doesn't have to be anything more to it. The lightheadedness (and the nausea to some extent) is probably anxiety.

I hope you feel better.

Thanks for the response!! I am feeling better and was even able to scarf down my lunch! I don't know what the upset tummy was from and it's hard for me to accept that--not knowing the root of the pain :/. But I'm just grateful it's over... The lightheadedness was probably from either anxiety or dehydration!

I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm also like that: I can't accept not knowing why, and it's usually why I panic because I can't pinpoint where it comes from, and then my brain goes "yup it's happening this time", lol.

coffee can give me a stomach ache, especially on an empty stomach and especially if I already have anxiety

I can almost guaruntee that the lightheadedness was anxiety. I've had panic attacks before where I've almost passed out. I totally get the part about not knowing why your stomach hurts and it's always the worst. If I'm hungry I think I'm nauseous and I will tell you that I am starving right now I haven't eaten all day and probably won't for the next few days. I was around people that had food poisoning but I have myself convinced it was a virus even though the people ate the exact same thing at the exact same time. I'm literally wearing latex gloves right now and went out and go lysol the maximum disinfectant and sprayed everything. But it seems like a lot of us feel any weird sensation in your stomachs we fear the worst. I'm guessing that extreme hunger is uncomfortable.