Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default im just overthinking,, right? please help i cant do this

hey all, im new! nice to be here. but
    i hate this phobia. i havent been normal for so long. i dont know how to get over this. i feel hopeless.
    I am a vegan, and I have been for about four months.

I had a drink with dairy in it (not purposefully) and before I drank it I felt slightly n* but didn't think much of it.
    I also had acid reflux, and about an hour or two earlier I ate takis.
    Thirty or so minutes later after drinking my smoothie, I got really n*. I thought I was going to be sick.
    Right now, I'm not really as n*. I feel very light dizziness / n*, but more discomfort than anything.

I feel like i have to take a sh*t, and I know if I do it will be diarrhea.
    I feel alright, and I don't feel a strong urge to v*. I also have a dry mouth.
    I know that I'm hydrated, and I feel better than I did a while ago. But I still have discomfort and my stomach is rumbling. My throat is tight. My acid reflux is also acting up, because I feel burning.

update: its about 20 minutes later. i feel very little / no n*. very light discomfort, now. i know I will have diarrhea if I go to the bathroom. however, if i have to urinate, i can do so without having to poop.

so, I want your opinions
    What do you think this is? A virus? Acid reflux? Lactose intolerance?
    A combination of things?

validation always makes me feel better lmao.
    -thanks!

Default Re: im just overthinking,, right? please help i cant do this

I think it's simply your stomach not agreeing to the dairy...plus you said you felt slightly n* before you even had the milk so I'd only assume it just upset your stomach a little. I'm sure you'll be fine, try sipping water slowly or chewing mint gum.
    Best wishes~

I do think that's just the dairy not agreeing with you if you haven't had a drink for a while. Great to know you feel better!! I myself just had food poisoning and used all my strength not to v*! Good luck in the future!
    (sorry for my bad English)

Yeah sounds like dairy and then been exasperated by worry. Try not to panic, try to relax and go to loo if you need to. Open a window and get some fresh air, do some deep breathing and only drink water (still or even fizzy) or some flat Coca Cola. I think anxiety makes it worse and then makes you panic. Hope you feel better now. xx

Did you manage not to v* when you had food poisoning? That’s good to know. Hope all good. xx ☺️