Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: If you HAVE had the Norovirus before, please select your blood type!

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

15 20.55%
  • AB

4 5.48%
  • B

8 10.96%
  • O

27 36.99%
  • I've never had Norovirus.

19 26.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What is your blood type, and have you had Norovirus before?

i have been tested for being a non secretor.. u should all look into this. supposedly non secretors have somewhat immunity to noro. my mom said i only v* a handful of times as a kid and i am a non secretor. i have caught bugs but only d*.. knock on wood..

Reevagee I was thinking of doing so, I'm the same way as,are my parents. How did you test for that? I see a kit for about 120 USD but I get skeptical lol I also hear that non secretors come with other issues like crappier oral health (I have gingivitis despite brushing and flossing ) frequent uti's which I've sadly also had, as well as a susceptibility to autoimmune disorders (which freak me out the most as i'm a hypochondriac ) would you say anything like this sounds familiar? Sorry if I sound prying as I donto mean to, I'm just worried as I will most likely be a secretor and am trying to justify how im.not lol
    Especially since I have blood type O

i suffer from chronic utis w no symptoms and have had probably ten root canals.. my dad also has horrible teeth.. and never v* with sv. i think he may also be a non secretor. i ordered the test it was expensive but at least i know now. i still get scared everytime though. if u think itll help u its def worth the money! i also have epstien barr virus which is an autoimmune disorder. a lot of ppl have this but when it flares up i am exhausted for days at a time.

Can't say I've had root canals but I have a lot of cavaties. My last uti was,symptomless and totally took me by suprise! I was really upset that i kept having to get antibiotics.
    And I do have ESB virus as well aka mono that wasn't too awful when I initially had it but left me tired for months, and I apparently have a high amount of antibodies still after 5 years.

Very interesting stuff. There seems to be pros and cons to both but sv are my worst nightmares. I'll see about getting tested! Knowing my luck I'll still be a,secretor though lol

sounds to me u are a non secretor.. i am ab pos i think.. def worth the test either way.. the uti thing is so annoying. everytime i go to the dr they say i have one but i never ever feel like i do nor do i show symptoms. such an annoyance and the antibiotics make my stomach flip.. have u had any luck w antibiotics that are easy on the belly??

Cipro was prescribed to me but I had other side effects. I was a,little n* with it but anxiety at the time was high and I wasnt eating so that could've done something but not many stomach issues with it. And I hope you're right! It would explain a lot of my issues!

My blood type is AB and the last time I threw up was 10 years ago, when I was 8. I think it may have been either rotavirus or norovirus that made me sick, but since then, I'm not sure whether or not I've been infected with norovirus.

Blood type O. I've had Noro numerous times, about a quarter have only been d*, the rest d* and v*