Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Hi guys,

Well I think it's time I told you about my holiday experiences. I decided (well was kind of forced) to go on holiday to the South of France with my family. So to get down there, because I wont fly or go on a boat we had to go all the way by train. So we went under to channel and that only took 20minutes so I managed to control myself. Then came the journey overnight on a rickety old sleeper train[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img].

Well I took diazepam which helped a little, but then when it wore off I took more and quickly took as much as I was able to in one day! The train basically lurched for 12 hours and it made me feel SO motion sick. I mean Ive never suffered from motion sickness ever before so I was wondering if my emet had brought that on too! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

So we finally got there and I thought I was going to v* big time it's only because I didnt eat anything that I didnt. And we had to walk through crowds of people and I was sure i would v*, and people would see me-this being a big fear for me.

The actual holiday was OK and I managed to get out and not suffer from my agrophobia too badly. However, I refused to get back on that train for the return journey. So my dad drove me 1000 miles back through France! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img](dad comes to the rescue again). AND I really cant use public toilets in service stations as I fear hearling someone v* in the toilet next to me. So I had to go in bushes [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img].

Oh well, another year before I have to take a holiday somewhere again [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Shouldnt they be fun experiences?

Fliss x</TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

Hey, Fliss, I know exactly what you mean! I used to feel exactly the same way about holidays - sheer dread. I used to dread the journey andhow I'd cope when I got there (having battled with agorophobia myself) - the thought of being so far away from homepetrified me. The only way I got through it was by taking loads of anti-anxiety drugs, then I'd be walking round like a zombie all the time! I would see everyone around me getting excited about going on holiday, and there I was wishing the whole thing was over and done with.

I say 'used to' as I am a lot better now (thanks to finding the right anti-depressantsthathelp me tremendouslywith anxiety and panics). I still get worked up about going away but nothing I can't cope with and I actually manage to enjoy any holidays I go on now!

The positive thing is, Fliss, is that despite all your worries and fears, you went away anyway - that takes guts and strength of character. The real problems start when we start refusing to go... You also sound like you have a very understanding family, which always helps.

Tracey x
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Yeah go Fliss! Don't you hate the way emet does that? Experiences that are meant to be fun become something that has to be survived.

hey fliss, yeah holidays should be fun and relaxin, but when your at the state of mind like we all are its difficult!

its not a holiday but i went to a soccer six match because my fave girl group (clea) were playing there. i could not enjoy it because of feelin sick, what if im sick, where can i be sick etc. And also felt sick all the way up there to the match too! i took a carrier bag with me for reassurance.

Just try to enjoy it, we only live once, this isnt a rehearsal why should we have to be bogged down with this fear. When im at my strongest i just think ya know what sod it, if im sick someone can clean it up for me. im gonna enjoy myself, dunno if that helps!