Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A small observation

Hi All,

Just something I wanted to share with you all. My family and I go to church on Sundays. My daughter and I use hand sanitizer after the sign of peace and before communion, and my husband and son do not. We've been doing this for a few years now. I just realized that it's sort of an experiment. 2 of us use sanitizer and 2 of us don't, yet none us has caught anything, even during flu season. So...I guess this is good news, that even hubby and son didn't get anything without using the sanitizer. What do you all think?? Makes me feel a little more relieved...
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Default Re: A small observation

This actually makes me so happy! Whether or not they may have stronger immune systems, it’s nice to know that sometimes the precautions we take aren’t always necessary. I also have OCD that evolves around germs and I tend to use my “rituals” as a crutch. It’s always nice to hear about things like this❤️

Thanks, yes, I thought maybe it would help some of us to keep things in perspective...

We used to go to church every Sunday when our kids were younger and I always just told myself that God will protect us from the sv since we take communion in our unwashed hands after the sign of peace. None of us got anything during that time so I think I was right!

I like that too, tiredofitall!!