Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Uh, anyone else that have felt this.

So today i went to the doctor due to all of my stomach problems I've had. I got diagnosed with dyspepsia, took some blood tests and was told which medication i should take.
    So i went out to the town to look at a few stuff and i took the pill that should apparently help me.
    Everything was nice and good, i actually had acid reflux which disappeared as i took the pill. But when i came home and ate something, i felt something weird in my stomach right after eating.
    It's a feeling in the upper part of the stomach, like in the roof. It's under my heart and ribs. It feels like i'm full only that its an uncomfortable version, and i am also having the feel that its a burp stuck in my stomach that i gotta burp up. I have actually burped a few times but it hasn't made it better. It's 1:00 AM now and it was like 3:00 PM when i felt this feeling. It's not VERY uncomfortable, but at that level that makes it annoying. There has been 2 times today that it actually kind of disappeared but it was only for like 10 minutes.

Not scared that i'm going to vomit actually because i haven't had n* or d* or something like that. It seems like its a symptom of dyspepsia too so i'm just writing this to know if anyone else has felt this and has any advice. I feel better when i get to know people that is also suffering as much as i'm doing/i did.

Default Re: Uh, anyone else that have felt this.

Hello, yes, I've been struggling with dyspepsia, or indigestion/gastritis type symptoms. The docs will always prescribe antacids, like prilosec or zantac, etc. However, I see a naturopath and he says that as we age, we actually have less acid in our stomach, not more. So digestion is hindered by lack of acid, and the food feels like it's just sitting there. My guy actually gave me acid pills to take, along with digestive enzymes. Apple cider vinegar is also very good. Take a tablespoon with water and honey, or in apple juice before meals, especially meals with protein. I swear all this has been helping me. It's a shame that these antacids are sold like candy and really don't do anything...your stomach needs acid to digest, absorb, and fight off bad bacteria.
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6