Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Appendicitis?!

Ok um, I went to school today and I was feeling fine and everything, when the bell goes for the end of Science and I pick up my books. As I pick up my books, they nudge against my lower adbomen and i realise it hurts to touch.

I put my books in my bag and i experiment with pressing the area. It is the area just bellow my belly button and its a very small area. It doesn't hurt just normally when I'm just sitting there, but when I press it, it hurts quite a bit.

I'm really scared it's appendicitis. I told my father and he pressed my stomach and asked if the pain got worse when he took his hand away and it felt ok, but then again he did say he might not be doing it right. Of course now I've started to worry I'm imagining symptoms and I've lost my appetite and am starting to feel sick. Does anyone know whether this could be appendicitis? Or if not what it could be? Someone told me it could be a hernia, but appendicitis is my main worry.

If it was your appendix, the pain would be on the lower right side of your body, you would also be very sick, like with fever, & vomitting. It's possible you have gas trapped and that was what you were feeling. If you are that concerned, I would go to the doctor. They can test your blood to see what your cell count is. That will tell them if something is wrong.I hope you feel better.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Thanks The only reason I'm worried is because I've been feeling very sick for the past few weeks and I wonder if it might have been the lead up to the infection. Unfortunately, I can't go to the doctor today (it's 7:07pm here) but my dad suggested if it got worse to maybe go the a A&E department. Just to get an answer maybe, not like panicking.

I get that pain when i ovulate and I have been to the Dr. for it so many times. I do feel sick from it. I am not telling you not to go to the Dr., but try some motrin and see if it feels better.

Hope you feel better soon.

I had appendicitis last year and my pain started actually "above" my belly button, but it was a constant pain, not only by pushing on it. Then after many hours, the pain radiated over my entire abdominal area, it did not settle in just the lower right side until maybe 24 hours after the initial onset of belly pain. I, however, did not have ANY appetite what-so-ever the entire 24 hours, so i didn't eat a thing. I also had no fever. Only after nearly 12 hours of pain, did i get nauseaus, but i didn't "V" (probably due to not eating anything all day)...although believe it or not THAT was the ONLY time ever that i welcomed "it" cuz the pain was so bad, i hoped it would finally take it away. I have a feeling this is not appendicitis you have, but if the pain doesn't get better, or if it gets worse, it would be wise to get it checked out tomorrow if you can, just to rule out anything serious.

Let us know how you are :-)

God bless,

Paula
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Just a quick suggestion--if you have been feeling generally under the weather and you have pain down there it could be a bladder/urinary tract infection. I guess I'm just posting to tell you to definitely get it checked out by a dr. I had a UTI when I was preggers and it led to a kidney infection, early labor, etc. because I thought it was just a "little pain" and didn't go in right away.Bladder infections are very easy to cure if you catch them right away.

take care.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Thanks , well it's been over a day since I first noticed it, and it isn't really any worse, so I think It'll be fine.

I might go to the doctor if it gets any worse but it could also be connected to my period, I'm due on..today in fact. But my periods are never on time. In fact, I have an average of a few months in between my periods which is why I don't think it is to do with my them.

yea, i remember my friend kelly and my mom telling me about
    apendicitis... they both hadit, and they couldnt even stand up straight
    because the pain was so bad. they had to hunch over in order to feel
    "tolerable". dont worry about that, i always used to worry about it but
    i dont anymore... thanks for reminding me
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Yep, lol, appendicitis is something I regularly worry about...just the word is enough to get me paranoid that I have it [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I think the pain would be unbearable if you had it. Often I get little twinges down there and panic about them, but it can be anything from your period, to trapped gas, to anything else harmless. Appendicitis isn't actually that common - I've seen some statistics, a while ago, and was surprised at how few people actually get it. You could just be feeling sick because of the time of the month (I get that when I'm due), and now coupled with worrying about the pain...its probably just anxiety.

Don't worry too much, soccer_princess - chances are, its nothing

So we all worry about our appendix too??? This is so hard to believe that we can all be so much alike. After a trip to the emergency room for my side pain 25 years ago, and multiple trips to the Dr. and only to find out is was a hormonal thing, I told my Dr. if I had a C-Section to have my baby, I wanted my appendix out at that same time. She agreed, but I had a normal delivery. So, I still have that appendix thing to worry about in the back of my head.

Gubba--I had a c-section with my 3rd but it was emergency so I didn't get to tell my dr. It is funny how we all think alike. I mentioned something afterward and he acted like I was insane because it was such a traumatic c-section. Only emets worry about v* and things like that when there are ACTUAL things to worry about!

<font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

I was afraid to have an epidural for fear of V*ing, but I did and I was fine. We are all so much alike and I guess that is what makes this such a great place

yeah guys people in our society are so paranoiud ( like us) and any pain
    anywehre means something. Sometimes it can be anything... like mad
    cow disease or appendiciis, ro wnorwalk or food poisoning or just
    menstraul cramps.. or when your ovaries get a cold (THATS SERIOUS)
    THAT'S WHAT I HAD A COUPLE OF SUMMERS AGO. I am terrified when I
    couldn't stand up and was hunched over... the only thought that calmed
    me was that i had urinary tract infection at the time and the pain was in
    my lower abdomen... it wasn't cramps my ovaris are just very sensitive to
    the cold.
    consider that.

i get tht pain every month wheni ovulate, i used 2 b woried about it being apendicites, but then did sum research on it and it happenes at same time nrly every month n has done for the last 5 yrs nrly,showing tht it is my ovaries