Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Some of you may have read my other post in Questions and Answers. My Stepmum has had d* and cramps sicne Sunday. I was scared that we'd all end up with it (I fear it as much as I do v*) and I was told that it is highly contagious. HOwever I would have thought that something highly contagious would have passed on through the family by 5 days wouldn't it?

Also, I had just today started to convince myself that it probably isn't contagious after all, when I came home from work to see my Stepmum looking really ill, and went in the bathroom to see that the toilet was a complete state. **GRAPHIC** There were stains around the back of the toilet (inside), on the underside of the seat and on the top part inside just above where the water comes out. I got very scared because I assumed it was v*...is it even possible that it could have been d*?

I asked my dad had she v*d? and he said no, so I said was he sure and he said yeah totally, but last time she was ill she lied and didn't tell me she v* until after she was better, so I don't know whether to trust what my dad told me.

Can anyome help to reassure me on these questions? I feel like a basket case, I want to run away but I have nowhere to go.
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think 5 days you would have gotten sick by now! Just wash your hands
    a lot, nad I am sure you will be fine!! Maybe it will make you feel
    better if you clean up the bathroom really well with some bleach. Your
    step mom probably ate something funny, otherwise you would all have
    been sick by now.

I'm sure your Dad is not lying. If he is, would you rather have him
    tell the truth? If he lies, it might calm you, that is probably what
    he's thinking. He doesn't want to to be scared. So if he is lying, try
    not to be mad at him, he's just trying to save you from worrying ....

JAMIE DAWN

I doubt he is making that up. After 5 days of D*, if she did V*, there is something more wrong than a virus, so you will not catch it. You will be fine and just put on some plastic gloves and get some bleach and dump it in the toliet. Bleach kills everything. Wash your hands like Jamie said and you will be fine. I hope your stepmom is o.k.

Thanks guys. I hope she is too. She's going to the drs this morning. I have been washing my hands like a crazy woman, and using Antibacterial hand wipes every time I come back into my bedroom for fear of bringing germs in!!
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So she's been to the drs. They says she has "a bug" Why do they say that? Do they say it about everything when they can't be btoehred to find out what's wrong? I HATE IT WHEN THEY SAY THAT! Now I'm scared again that it's contagious.

That just seems odd that she has had diarrhea for five days now and the docs are just calling it a "bug." I thought that if diarrhea went on for that long, that it could be caused by something bacterial, which would require some type of antbiotic to clear it up.

Look at things this way though, your dad probally had way more close contact with your mom, and he hasnt gotten sick, has he? You are staying clean and away from her, seems to have worked, you havent gotten sick. I agree with the others though, I dont think that its an SV ...........

Keep us posted on you and your mom.

Thanks for replying, I was beginning to give up hope!!

I didn't think it was an sv but then when the doctors say its a bug that implies an sv. However my setpmum said that all the doctor did was feel her stomach where she's had the cramping and tell her to keep taking anti diarhea tablets.

I have been so scared that I went for two days without "going" to the toilet until this morning and then when I went it was loose. (Sorry for the gross detail) and now I'm scared that I have what she has. However I'm on a really heavy period at the moment so it could be that couldn't it? Or could it be because I didn't go for two days? I'm so worried.

I had the d* and v* bug last year, where I did both at the same time, and it was terrible. About 2 days later, others in my family had it. I'm just saying that if no one's gotten it by now, then you're probably safe. I hope your step mom starts feeling better though... that can be the worst.

the SV really is something that you catch pretty quickly and I think that you or your dad for sure, would have it by now. I am certain that you are safe. My son had D8 for about 4 days last month and I took careof him and cleaned out his little potty for the 4 days. we went to the Dr. and he said it may be a virus, or he could have eaten something, but he was fine. No one else got it. You will be fine and I hope your stepmom is o.k. Doesn't sound like a bug to me!!!

Thankyou :-)

Hm, it sure does not
    sound like an SV to me. I am 90% sure that if it was, you or your dad
    would have caught it by now. You probably had the loose stool because
    you held it in, even if I hold it in for a few hours, I still get it
    loose. If I were her, I would go to see another doctor; maybe a clinic
    or if it progresses, the Emergency Room, because they deal with things
    A LOT quicker there, and more thougholy. I hope that your Stepmum feels
    better, and I hope you do to. Keep us posted.</font>

i agree yenn.. you would have DEFINITLY gotten it by now. its almost
    been a week since youve been "exposed" to anything. if it was a sv* you
    would have gotten it days ago
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Thank you all for your support - this has been a very testing week for me! I think she's doing better although I keep getting the standard "I'm fine" response when I ask now. However, on Saturday she had a curry fro the takeaway, and last night when I came in from work she was drinking a glass of wine. She has 'been' at least once this morning, maybe twice, but that could just be the tail end of it getting out couldn't it?

I dont know what was going on with your mom, but that is an awful long time to have d* from a virus, or a "bug" as the doctor said. I hope she is feeling better!!!!

I think Doctors say "BUG" for anything that they don't want to take seriously. There really isn't much they can do as far as testing for anything else. I guess they want you to have it for 2 or 3 weeks before they will take it seriously. I once had D* for a month and nobody else got it. Don't know what it was from but it went away.

Strange, I hate d as much as v, or should I say I fear them the same.......if she's not contagious will it be safe to eat food she has prepared? Normally youre not meant to eat food prepared by someone with d* until 48 hours after it stopped