Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi all, I've not posted here in a while but I hope you can help me calm down. I have felt really tired today as I have had a hectic weekend and didn't sleep a wink last night. At first it was just the tiredness that bothered me, wondering how I'd hold up on my friend's birthday meal after work tonight but this afternoon I started with the stomach ache and the runs. My bowels started off normal and then turned to water the last time I went.

For once I am going to think of myself and am going home and not to my friends meal, she has other friend with her anyway. I just don't know how I am going to get through the evening feeling like this, I feel in such a panic. I have arranged for another friend to come round later, he was coming round anyway after I'd been for the meal so maybe he will be able to calm me down, he is a nurse. I am just so scared of V* ing, even though I have had this runs business before and not V*d its still on my mind.

Do you know what's casuing the runs? Maybe its anxiety from worrying about the meal that's caused it? My steomum has had the runs all week, where in the UK are you from?
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi there, I'm from Yorkshire in the UK, where are you from?

I used to get the runs a lot with nerves and I did used to panic about going out for meals and eating in general when my emet was really bad years ago but now I am OK with that, I only panic when I actually get the runs or feel sick, whereas before I used to worry 24/7 about feeling sick, even when I felt OK I would worry incase I did feel sick during the course of the day/evening.

I've rang my friend and cried off the meal. Usually I try and do everything no matter how I am feeling but I realise that other people cancel things when they are not well and just go home and rest so I am going to do the same now. I just know I will be in a panic all night though and won't relax until tomorrow morning when I know I have got through the night without V*ing or feeling any worse.

That's right, you don't want to sit at a table in a restaurant wondering if you're gonna need to make a run for the toilet. I'm from Cleveland, Redcar actually :-)
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How are you feeling now? There is a bug going around the school that I work at causing people to have the runs but NONE of the people that have had it have v*ed. My friend Suzie is sick every few months with bugs and she had last week but did not v* so although I am a bit worried I am trying to reassure myself with the thought that if she didn't it can't be THAT bad (although still not pleasant!). Hope you are feeling better.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

As a matter of fact, i just started with the runs tonight. Although, i've been sick with a severe sinus infection over the last week and have been taking an antibiotic. So i don't know if this is from the antibiotics, my IBS, or a bug. All i can say is, i WELCOME the runs ANYTIME, over v*ing!!!!! As long as the bad stuff is going out the bottom, i'm a happy camper LOL!!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Hi all, thanks for your replies.

Fortunately I haven't V*d. I do agree that the runs is better than that but when I get the runs I always worry incase I will V* aswell. I know you can get either one or the other but sometimes you can get both together.

Anyway the runs problem didn't go away and I was off work yestrday and am off today to try and get my strength back. The runs carried on all day Tuesday and ended up turning to just water and I had the most awful stomach pains but that has abated now and I just feel weak with not eating. All I've done is drink water for the past two days, I am terrified to eat incase I V*

This is the main drawback of living alone as I do, when you're not well. I have no one to get me a drink or get me anything from the shops or just comfort me. Never mind I am getting over it and am glad I haven't V*d.

You won't v*, pussinboots, you would have already done it by now if you were going to. The only times I have had the runs in my life, they've always just been the runs, never coupled withv* - so, just reassuring you that its perfectly normal to get them without the more nasty aforementioned symptom It will run its course (bad pun? XD sorry!), if its something you picked up, it'll just have to go through your system. If the pains have stopped then chances are you're on the mend.

Go easy on what you eat until you have recovered completely. Dry toast is nice - even when I have no appetite, I can always eat a piece of it. Water's probably best, as far as drinks go. Crackers are another good standby...boring, I know! You're probably a bit dehydrated, too - if you can get some of that electrolyte replenishing drink stuff (I'm not sure if I've got the right words there...you know, like Lucozade, Gatorade, Powerade, or whatever they call it where you live), that would do you the world of good. It helps you get your fluids back.

Take plenty of rest, and just relax. Feel better soon - the runs really suck &gt;_&lt; lol.