Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stomach Pains

I just don't feel right. I felt weird before I went to lunch, but my department was having a big lunch meeting so I felt like I had to eat. I actually felt fine after I did. But then on the way home I started feeling yucky again. It doesn't feel like hunger, more like pain and pressure in my stomach. My husband made dinner, so I ate but I just feel awful. I am so scared I am getting sick. Does this sound like anything to anyone?

Hey Sillygirl,

The fact that you felt better after you ate is odd... it doesn't sound like an sv, or food poisoning or anything. I sometimes feel like that when I get dehydrated, maybe thats it??

Nice to hear from you anyway, how's things??

Meg[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?\"
    \"Whatever I FEEL like I wanna do, GOSH!\"
    (Napoleon Dynamite the movie)

I guess I could be dehydrated. I feel better now. I took a shower and tried to relax a little bit. I have also been having these chest pains the last couple of days. Maybe heartburn? I wouldn't think I have heart problems - I'm only 24 and not overweight or anything. Although I was pretty scared about them last night. They are right in the center of my chest and last night it felt like it was throbbing or something. Just really sharp pains dead center in my chest. Maybe this is all related?

OK this is why I like coming here! I had the exact same thing today! I have felt ok and then bad and then ok again and I realized I had hardly drank anything today so I wondered if dehydration was the culprit.

How are you feeling now? Do you still have the chest pains? Is it possible you are coming down with a chest cold? (yes I am Miss Merry Sunshine). I feel "off" when I am coming down with that. Hope you're feeling better and sleeping well tonight.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

I don't get chest colds very often. In fact, I can'tremember when I last had one. I guess I probably wouldn't recognize it if I did!

Could be acid reflux. Take some pepto, rolaids or tums and see if it helps. If you trace your sternum until it ends and then push on the soft part there, and it hurts, that is a sign of acid reflux.

a year ago i started getting really bad chest pain and my heartbeat always felt irregular. one morning i woke up and my heart was beating really really fast and my chest was hurting. my mom took me to the emergency room and they did blood tests and it turns out that i was dehydrated. they put and iv in me for two hours and then let me go home. so you might just be dehydrated.

How are you doing now, Sillygirl? Perhaps it was just dehydration. Our systems can get a bit out of whack sometimes, we can end up feeling a bit off for all sorts of reasons =)

I am feeling your pain right now silly girl...i have been "off" for about a week now....i don't know what's up with me either...i am on my period...but i have been having major D....i mean really really bad...i feel extremely weak...drained...fast heartbeat....umm some nausea...no appetite....haven't really eaten in about 3 days now....it's not good...i don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like someone has drained all the blood out of me....and i am just limp and weak. I am sipping on a gingerale right now...i have had D 3 times already this am and i got up at 6 and went 3 times before 8am..............i feel like i would rather be dead right now than feel this way...i know i need to eat...but i know it will go right through me too......so i know what you are going through...all i want to do is cry[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I hope you get to feeling better soon.....take care..K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Chippedaway - I do get pains there so I do think I have acid reflux, but I don't think that was what was going on with me this time. Dehydration, though, could be a factor. I haven't had any of those pains for a while, so I guess I will just wait and see if they come back.

I just don't feel right at the moment. My dog lifted his head up last night, really hard into my throat. Now my throat is killing me. A guy I work with said I probably bruised my esophogus. It hurts like I have tonsilitis or something, but I know it's from him hitting me because it felt fine before he did and hasn't stopped hurting since. I don't know if there is anything I can take to make it feel better?

But unrelated to that my stomach doesn't feel right. I don't think I feel sick or anyting, but I have absolutely no appetite which kind of scares me. Even though I don't normally eat a lot, I at least can munch on stuff. Right now the thought of anything - even my favorite food sounds turns my stomach. I hope I'm not coming down with something. I ate a couple of donuts for breakfast and felt fine. I am kind of gassy and my stomach has been gurgling a little bit, but not really hurting or anything. Yuck. I just want to feel normal.