Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: All in my head

Hi everyone,

Sorry in advance for this but im so angry I feel the need to have a rant.

So I went to the doctors again yesterday, as the Paroxetine was giving
    me really bad headaches and after 5 weeks had done nothing for my
    nausea or lightheadedness. I hate going to the doctors, because I
    know that he thinks its all in my head, he wont do any tests, and just
    keeps giving me anti depressents. I said to him yesterday how
    many different types am I going to have to take before you admit that
    it might be physical, to which he replied that as I hadnt got
    noticeably worse, he didnt think it was physical, and that they were
    lots of different SSRIs to try. I feel so frustrated, I have
    barely left the house in the past 6 weeks, because I have felt so ill
    on the paroxetine, now I am going to have to go through it all again
    with these, and potentially with different ones after that.

I am so fed up with feeling ill, it can't be normal to feel nausous
    every day, but if it is in my head why dont any of these tablets work?

Sorry im just really at the end of my tether at the moment, sorry for ranting.

B

If you want tests to be run, you need to request/demand them. If not with him, then another. Be pro-active. You're paying him.

Maybe get a second oppinion?
    \"This too shall pass\"

I would definitely get a second opinion and demand tests to be done. I did that when I was in the hospital, and they took a chest x-ray and blood work. They gave me adivan, and I guess that my liver was still in the normal range, but I scheduled a follow up w/ my primary, and had to get more bloodwork done b.c she knew that my liver numbers were elevated. My point is that what one doc doesn't pick up on, maybe another will. Do you have any history of any illnesses in your family? How long have you neen experiencing this?
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

I agree with everyone else, see someone else! I have been to 4 doctors in the last 2 years, 5 if you count therapists, and just today I saw someone who I think will help me. Sometimes it takes a while, I went through the same thing with my first dr. I can't believe I stayed with im as long as I did.

Good luck and hope you feel better real soon.

If you think your Dr. isnt of any help, maybe you should see another doctor and get a second opinion.

I am the same way as you. I constantly feel nauseas every single day. And I thought the same thing that you do. That is HAD to be physical..b.c. people just dont feel sick everyday! So my doctor actually went through and did all the tests that needed to be done to see why I felt sick every single day. And they came up with absolutely nothing! He said I was perfectly healthy and ws most likely in my head and from the constant anxiety and panic attacks I get.

I was perscribed Paroxetine too. And I still felt the nausea everyday for almost 2 months. I told my doctor this so he did another number of tests and still didnt find anything. He told me the paroxetine takes time to start working. It may take up to 2 months before you start feeling any different. It works different ways for different people.

I think maybe you should try to give it a little bit more time. Im sure it will start to work. But thats just my opinion and expirience. I know how you feel. I dont take parox anymore...and I have to say I feel a lot worse now that Im not on it. It really helped me a lot. And Ihope it works for you too
    *Mandi*

i agree - definitely go for a second opinion
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.