Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I think I got some kind of stomach bug. I am very nausous, have d* every half hour, low grade temp, headache, muscle aches and just generally feel lousy. I woke up yesterday feeling crappy, didn't get a good night sleep, woke up and had d* all morning, couldn't eat anythings, so I took a pepto, then felt better. I ate dinner, and a grilled cheese when I got home late last night from playing poker. I woke up this morning feeling like yesterday but worse. I have gone to the bathroom 6 times in the past 3 hours. It's not (graphic) really bad d* not watery or anything, but I very soft, and I keep feeling like I have to go. I ate some toast, because I took some advil for my pains, but now I feel s* to my stomach. Arrgh....What the hell did I pick up? I am slightly nervous about v*, but I think that's because my boyfriend isn't home. I hate being alone!! I just talked to him and he said that he feels off to. But doesn't have the digestive problems I have. I am not stressed, (not even a little bit) I am not starting my period for another week, I have not eaten anything out of the blue, and plus my boyfriend and I have eaten all the same things since Friday.

So what do you guys think? Like I said, I am s* to my stomach, but I am not real nervous about that. I just can't stop pooping!!!

Try some more pepto. I would guess that any bad bacteria is probably out of your intestines by now. Could you possibly have an infection from your surgery? Get lots of rest and do something relaxing. Feel better soon.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

Are you taking any precriptions since your surgery? Antibiotics expecially? A lot of times antibiotics will cause d* and n* a while after you take them. If you have been taking them for a while, they start to kill the good bacteria along with the bad and it messes up the balance in your intestines - hence the d*. I doubt you will v* though, especially since you have felt like this for a while.

Do you have IBS? That type of d* sounds like when I get an IBS attack. Not really watery, but loose and I have to go A LOT! Try to rest, take it easy, stay away from dairy because it can make d* worse. I hope you feel better soon!

All done with antibiotics fora week, no IBS and I am currently taking noother meds. That is why I really think I might havesomething. I actuallyhaven't gone since Iposted this, so it's been almost an hour, which is good. I don't have an infection cause I was just at the doctors for a checkup after the surgery and there were no bacterias in my urine. So...I don't know what is going on, thanks for the help though.

I know how you are feeling Michele, I am going through the same thing. I started with the diarhea 2 days ago and today I am still going and now feeling sick. I went to the grocery store to get some advil and while standing in line I started to get hot and my heart was jumping out of my chest. I took a bonamine for nausea but I am still running to the bathroom. Hoping this will pass before Monday comes. I hope you feeling better to. Maybe we have a little bug.

Thats what it defenily sounds like. I hope you feel better soon too, I am going to call the doctors tomorrow anyway, just to make sure there isn't a nfection developing in my kidney, I start work this week, and I defenitly don't want to start with a bad infection. Feel better Rhonda and thanks.

Mcihele

Michele,

Good luck with the new job. I know you are excited about it and maybe that is causing some of it. I would be excited and I get a little weak in the stomach region when I am anxious about something as great as a new job that you really want.

Feel better and know that it is probably almost over since 48 hours of things like that are about all. If you still aren't feeling better tomorrow, get checked for an infection in that kidney. I'm sure you are fine, but don't let that slide.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I agree w/ gubba. But I hope you all are feeling better by now, and if not.. then soon.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

aww michelle, i hope you feel better!! you too ontario girl
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Well, I changed my mind, I think its a problem with my kidney. I am having sever back pains, and pain in my bladder, my temp is olny 99.5 as of now, and my head aches, and I just feel horrible. I figured if my temp gets over a 100, I am going straight to the ER cause I got that stent inside of me, and I know at that point I have to have some sort of infection. And if it stays low, I will call the doctor in the morning and get an appt. asap. I just hope I can hold out. I have been taking tylonel, and that barely works. I only ate 6 pieces of toast today cause I have NO appetite. I just hope and pray it will not be serious, and I won't have to have emergency surgery. I know I shouldn't think like that, but I can't help it with my luck...

I will let everyone know whats going on when I find out more.

Michele

Ahh, that sucks, Michelle! At least you sort of know what it is. I hope you feel better soon, and get it sorted if its an infection or anything! Do let us know how you go ^_^

~julie

Oh, and ontariogirl - how did you go? Managed to shake off the bug yet? Get well soon, dear!

Keep us posted![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Michele you have been through so much, get to the doctor. Well I woke up this morning and don't have the nausea but still have the diarrhea. Oh well having the poops for my 40th isn't that bad, could be worse! Michele keep us posted.

Well, I have the start of a kidney infection, I caught it in time, and I am on antibiotics again...Thank god I called the dcotors, cause I start my new job on Thursday!

Well that's a relief (phew). Hope you feel better. AND FINISH THOSE ANTIBIOTICS, GIRL!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Yea don't worry I will, those 14 little pills I just got cost me $185 dollars!! Can't waitto start my job and finally get health insurance with prescription coverage!!!!

Oh geez, you have been through a lot, i'm sorry you're not feeling well...you seem to be handling yourself very good! Good luck to you with your new job, i'm glad for my job (even though i'm a waitress) but it keeps my mind off of my countles worries! Feel better!
    ~Sheri~

I have kidney problems too...kidney stones....and I have had several surgeries for those and I get kidney infections too. I hate that for you and I know how miserable they make you feel. You will be feeling so much better by the time Thursday comes and you start the new job. I hate how much perscriptions are, and you know that the minute you get health insurance, you probably won't need any drugs. That's always the way it is.

Feel better and I'm glad you found out what it was
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I'm glad you caught it early and that you know your body so well. Get well!!!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Hoping everything works out for you Michele. Congratulations on the job!!

geez michelle you are having such a rough time.....
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

^ Agreed! You certainly are!

Hopefully all this will pass, and you feel better soon!

Keep your fluids up if you're having lots of d*. This will just dehydreate you and make you feel worse.

As far as V* goes, i've noticed with myself that if i have a stomach bug and i have d* first, i won't be sick and the d* itself isn't painful andonly lasts a day, 2 at max.This might be due to my vegan diet/lifestyle which i picked up almost a year ago because of my emetophobia but whatever. You'll be fine [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Daniel.