Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My name is Fiona and i live in Australia (does anyone else live in Australia?) i was watching Dr Phil on Friday and there was a chic on there with a fear of vomiting! I thought that me!!!!! AND there was a name for it! OMG! Im sooo happy.

My big question is can i be cured???

Also, i might be pregnant and i am CONSTANTLY thinking im going to get morning sickness and i even wake up through the night feeling really sick (however, i never vomit!) i think about it so much that i do start to feel a little sick.

Does anyone else have dreams of vomiting???

Fiona

Welcome Fiona! I'm sure you will find this site really great. Everyone is so supportive and it is really nice to talk to people who know exactly what you are going through.

Sage is a perfect example that emet can be cured. She has information in the Treatments section that is really helpful.

Congratulations on maybe being pregnant! I am in the same situation. My husband and I tried, really for the first time this month. I used one of the ovulation predictor tests and it said I was due to ovulate last Friday or yesterday. So, I guess we will wait and see. Before I took the test I was so sure I wanted a baby and that I would deal with morning sickness when and if it comes. I still want a baby, but now that there is a good chance I really am pregnant I am scared abou the morning sickness. I know it's too early to feel anything, but I have felt sick the last couple of days. I'm sure it is just anxiety bringing it upon myself. The good news is there are medications out there to help with morning sickness which I fully intend to get from my doctor next week when I go.

I think a lot of us have dreams about vomiting. I rarely do, so when they happen they really shake me up. I always worry if it means that I am going to vomit that day or something. You aren't alone there either!

Again, welcome to the site! Keep us posted about the pregnancy. It would be great to have someone to talk to that understands the emet challaenges and is going through the same stages of everything along with me!

Kim

Welcome Fiona. With my 2 pregnancies I only had morning nausea a couple of times and that was it. I loved being pregnant!
    I have had this phobia for 31 years now and I am not very optimistic at all. Some people are. I have learned to handle my anxiety in different ways, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I guess it depends on the person
    Welcome to the site

Hey,

I'm in Aus too! Where are you? I'm in Sydney.

Glad you saw Dr. Phil - I didn't know whether theyu would show that episode in Aus but everyones been talking about it on here. I only found this site a couple of months ago. What a releif!

I'm hoping to be pregnant too :O) How far along do you think you are?

:O) Meg
    \"What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?\"
    \"Whatever I FEEL like I wanna do, GOSH!\"
    (Napoleon Dynamite the movie)

Hi Fiona, welcome.

I'm in New Zealand, and like a lot of the others I have had this phobia for a very long time. I have been pregnant and somehow the morning sickness was okay knowing what a special time it is. Congratulations to you, and I hope you can just enjoy the pregnancy and not be too overwhelmed with the sicky bit!

Take care...and enjoy this site!

hey fiona.. welcome!

im in aus too.. yay... so glad another aussie has joined! iv put up
    topics before saying where are al the aussies and i only had a few
    replies from aussies that are on here so i dont think theres many of us
    but im glad ur here too now!!

im originally from brisbane but now in toowoomba (an hour and a half
    away from birzzy).. where u from? congrats on ur preggie (if u are)!!
    thats aweosme.. im only 18 so waaaay off from having kids or getting
    married lol..

anyways i missed the doctor phil episode! dammit! its good to hear that
    it was recgonised and broadcast tho.. hopefully some non emet ppl out
    there can understand this horrible phobia.. isnt it awful! but arent we
    lucky that we live in an awesome country like aus and we dont hav to
    suffer diseases from contaminated water and we hav medication when we
    need it and we can even jump on here and talk to ppl across the globe
    who understand wot we put up wit... i think its great... and i love
    australia!! welcome girl[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

stef - everything happens for a reason

YES IM PREGNANT!!! Im now 5 1/2 weeks and not feeling to bad!! I am from Sydney too. Hooray!!!

Thank you for all your replies and welcomes!

MMWWAA!!

Fiona

CONGRATULATIONS

I am so excited for you. You won't feel bad and even if you do, it won't be the worst thing. I felt yuck the whole time I was pregnant, but I never did V*, and I did fine.

When are you due?
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

CONGRATS!

Always happy to hear that someone is pg! Although it can be tiring, pregnancy is a wonderful time, and cherish those "kicks" b/c you'll miss them after you have the baby!!!

Welcome to the site, btw!!!

Crystal [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!