Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have visited my psychiatrist several times now and it didnt get any better with my phobia.

I also suffer from stomach aches and nausea in the hours before I have to go to the toilet and sometimes farts very much.

It is the same every time in the hours before having to go to the toilet.

I dont know if these are just normal gastroinstestinal feelings or if
    it is a physical problem, I cant determine. Neither do I know if the
    nausea is a "real" nausea like if I get the stomach bug or if that is
    just what I call these feelings...

I am very confused.

What do I do?

Should I see the doctor or a psychologist?

I would go see your doctor. It's possible that you have IBS or maybe suffering from some sort of food intolerance. Get yourself checked out just to be on the safe side that everything is working the way it's supposed to. Then, maybe you could speak with your doctor about getting a new psychiatrist. Maybe the doctor can recommend someone new to you.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I think you should see a gastro doc. also......it does sound like you might have ibs....i have it and experience those same symptoms on a daily basis....i have an appt. with my gastro on the 13th so I am going to schedule some tests also. I need an endoscopy and a colonoscopy done....i have been suffering for well over 20 yrs with these problems...and it only gets worse...so i have put off these tests for so long...but it's to the point now i just want to find out if there is really something physically wrong with me or not. I am scared as everything to do it...but i know that's the only way for me to find out and if there is something wrong, then maybe i can start on the road to recovery somehow...so my best advice to you is to go ahead and make an appt. It will help you in the long run...Best of luck to you.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

But I dont want to get a thick needle pricked into my arm and then get
    my blood sucked out and having a doctor looking up in my ass by putting several objects up there...

No thanks!

Edited by: dktekno

Quote Originally Posted by dktekno
    But I dont want to get a thick needle pricked into my arm and then get
    my blood sucked out and having a doctor looking up in my ass by putting several objects up there...

No thanks!

It's time to be a big boy/girl.

If you don't feel good, you go to the doctor. They do things that we
    don't like but it makes us better. Maybe if you're good, he'll give you
    a lollypop.

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I am not a big boy. I am 19 years old but still a litle boy that needs to be cared for softly...

[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

I think the examination would be worse than the disease itself.

If you are unwilling to see a doctor because you are scared, then please don't complain. I've noticed dk, whenever you ask for advice, and we all give you advice, you find some reason to dispute it. If you are going to disagree with all of our advice and opinions, than please stop asking us.I'm sorry for being harsh, but you've done this before, you ask us for help, we give you opinions, and instead of thanking us for responses, you give us answers back as to why the advicewont work. IF you want help,you have tolearn to help yourself, and if that means getting a camera shoved up your butt to make sure you aren't sick, than so be it!!!!!!
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I've been a professional patient since I was a baby. Having blood draws and invasive things done since then too, so 19 isn't a little boy, you're an adult, and it's time to act like one.

Sorry for the tough love, but babygap has a point, you can't complain about not feeling well, and then make excuses not to get things done. "You can stand there in the dark cussing out the night, or you can just reach out your hand and turn on the light" as Montgomery-Gentry once said

Good luck, if you go, let us know how it goes. Endoscopy and colonoscopy aren't that bad, you get good drugs. Blood draws? No biggie, just cowboy up and take it like the man that you are!

GO TO THE DOCTOR!! I suffered from stomachs and pains, and I finally went to the doctor and they found all that stuff wrong with my kidneys. Yeah it was tough at times, but I knew I wasn't imagining the aches and pains, and it felt nice as bad as it sounds to know there was really something wrong. Sure it is taking 4 surgeries to correct, but my doctor said I will feel like new when its finally done. And that is good enough incentive for me!

SURGERY??? Dont you know that anaesthesia causes people to vomit after the surgery???

I hope they give me lots of drugs to ensure I dont have any pain and nausea.

Physically I am an adult. Mentally: Not. I do have some interests adults have (physics, math, astronomy) but I am still at the same stage of a litle boy when it comes to things like this.

Cant they give me something against pain that does NOT cause nausea?

Yes, there are many drugs that stop you from vomiting, they are called antiemetics. It is quite rare that people get sick from anaesthesia anymore since it is advancing all the time.

Your doctor might not even want you to have an endoscopy or colonoscopy, i was diagnosed as having ibs without having either of these. You have to remember that your doctor will not want you to have an invasive procedure unless he feels its absolutely neccesary. My doctor sent me for an ultrasound scan which is completely painless.

It is likely that you will have to have a blood test done because you may have a food intolerance which is causing your problem. Blood tests really do not hurt, i have had so many of them and they are over very quickly. Just think of all the poor children even younger than youthat are suffering from horrible diseases such as cancer. It really does put things into perspective, if they can cope with the painfull procedures at thier age, you are not too immature to deal with it either.

I agree with everyone else.... you are legally an adult. I had a pilonidal cyst (sorry to be gross) when I was younger that kept coming back... very painful.. and I DREADED going to the doctors to get the procedure done b/c it was so painful.. BUT I knew it had to be done.. and went, got it lanced... sucked it up... and took it easy later... Those didn't work... so I had to have surgery.. and went through those procedures twice before they stopped returning....

It was scarey.. but to get better, I had to go through with it...

THey won't just shove something up your butt when you get to the docs.. they will tell you what they think, and what they RECOMMEND.. (so you don't have to do it)... You could find that something as small as changing your diet, or taking yet another pill will make you alllll better...

Otherwise you're just going to suffer.. and you're doing it to yourself.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Dk, don't worry about anesthesia...today they automacally add anti-emetics to it to keep ppl from being sick. I just had an appendectomy last year and had no problems from it :-)
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

It sounds a lot like IBS. I mean it's obvious you should go to the Dr, just to make sure it's nothing serious. Best to find out sooner rather than later too. If they have to take blood it'll be fine, it's over in a second and you can look away and try to think of something else!

If they do have to do a more invasive investigation, it'll be OK. Easier said than done, but the peace of mind you'll get is worth it. Relieving some of your anxiety over this alone will help a lot with the nausea

I've had a few endoscopys and they are like nothing. They drug you so much that you go to sleep and when you wake up it's all over. I would suggest going to a doctor to like Tayda said, they'll reccomend things for you they just won't DO it. Of course I was scared before my first endoscopy...I actually cried when I found out they had to do it. But I went in, they gave me some drugs, and I was fine. You'll be fine too...sometimes you have to go through a little bit of pain before you feel better.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Just a reminder, you don't HAVE to do anything. People act like when you go the doctor they just do things to you. You're a consenting adult, you don't have to do anything you dont want to do. You're the customer, you're paying them.