Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello all,
    havent been around for ages but thought id post this. bascially i was called yesterday by channel 5. they wanted me to go on the Trisha show and talk about emetophobia. they got my details from National phobics society and said that they were really interested in talking to me and my partner as they have never heard of this before. Basically i def dont want to do it. i dont want light entertainment made of this problem and i certainly dont want it broadcast to the whole nation - where my work colleagues and unaware friends might find out.

But if anyone DOES want to go on Trisha, im sur they would be very interested in speaking to you. you can go on the channel 5 website and email them direct.

Cheers
    Em x

wow!! i definately don't want to do it but if you hear of if and when they will be broadcasting anything like that I would be interested to see it!! I would need to tape it though cos I would be out at work so would need to know in advance....if you find out when please let me know!!

they are filming it this Thursday but i dont know when it is broadcasting. they do lots of Phobia shows so im sure they would be interested in speaking to emets for future shows. they told me that they can offer alot of therapy and help aswell for appearing on the show - i just dont wanna go on it tho coz i dont want ANYONE from my work to see that!

Ems x

Hello Em.

Its funny, we would be really interested in watching it, but under no
    circumstances would we want to go on telly and talk about it!!!!
    My first reaction to your post was Oh God No!!!! Thats the sad thing
    about emetophobia, we are all so embarrassed about it! And to think
    the whole nation would be watching, and your family and friends -
    jeeeez,,,,, not for me, thanks!!
    It will be interesting to see if anyone else from this site in the UK
    would be prepared to do it!!!!
    Wow, fancy Tricia wanting to do a show about us!!!!!!!
    Laugh, quick, before you cry....

the idea of help does sound appealing and once it was out in the open like that it would feel better i think but i just wouldn't want to do it through the Trisha show!

Damn I would do that, but I don't think they would be interested in having a 15 year old on the show, plus the parents wouldn't let me. Be interesting though, I've already appeared in a magaine talking about this phobia so maybe I could become like one of thise it girls who is famous for being famous!

really?! what magazine did you appear in - that's fab that you are open about it - it's half the way there!!

It was Sneak, it's just a little uk teen magazine. I got a loooot of stick for that at school

no way!! that is brilliant that you did it!! i hope you didn't take anything to heart and know that you did a fab thing!! it's what we need - for people to be more aware!

Very interested to hear about this, it would be a great to see it! I hope they to find someone willing to talk to them.