Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Newbie

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Hi all. My name is Tanya. I'm glad I found this board. It's going to be nice talking to people who are afraid of throwing up. When I try talking to other people about it they think I'm weird or they say, "Well, nobody likes throwing up." I'm pretty sure they don't but it doesn't consume their every thoughts and days like it does me. That is the difference. With that said I'll talk a little bit about me. I'm 24 years old. I live in Pennsylvania, have 1 son, and I'm deathly afraid to throw up. I hate this time of the year because its the time for all the stomach viruses. I have been afraid of throwing up since the ast time I threw up. To be honest, I don't know why I even became this way. I never had a traumatic experience with throwing up. I can remember throwing up maybe 2-3 times in my 24 years, last time being when I was 6 years old. I have 'caught' stomach bugs, but I did everything in my power not to throw up and I have been successful. About 2 years ago my son had gotten sick and I must have caught it from him and I had to throw up so bad, I nean were talking on the verge of gagging and actually having to throw up but I didn't. It even felt as though I threw up because I felt extremely better after whatever that was that happened. I will completely avoid people who are sick, look sick or say they feel sick. I carry anti-bacterial hand soap and Lysol everywhere I go. I'm a nursing student and now I even have begun to wonder, "What am I getting myself into. Being around a lot of colleagues as well as sick people, I'm bound to catch something." I avoid so many things because I'm afraid I'm going to get sick. Before I had my son I never wanted kids and I never wanted to get pregnant on the count of possible morning sickness and my child throwing up all the time. I'm actually pretty suprised on how well I can actually take care of my son when he gets this stuff, which he has every year since he was born and I know he's going to get something soon again. Everytime he picked up something I got it but never threw up. Last April was the worst. My poor little guy caught that Rotovirus and I swear to you he threw up like I have never seen or heard anyone throw up before. He had to have thrown up on every square inch of our house. On and off for 4 days, it was the worst. I managed to catch it but only had diarreah for about days. I didn't even feel like throwing up that time but the year before I was definetly close to it. My fear seems to conume more and more of my thoughts more than ever. I say would rather die than throw up. If I knew that I would never throw up again I could live a happy life. That is sick to say but it is true. I'm probably the worst case you have heard. There's a lot more to it but I just gave you the begining of it. Thanks for hearing me out and welcoming me to the boards. I look forward talking to all of you and learning about your stories. Thanks for reading.:O)

Tanyarn! Welcome, girl! Where in PA are you from. I live in Malvern if you're familiar. You sound just like the rest of us and I know you are gonna find a lot of support on here! Last time I had a stomach virus was3 years ago on xmas eve. I managed to keep myself from throwing up. This is so embarresssing but I actually crapped in my PJ pants because I just thought I had gas and It was a whole other thing! eeks! Anyhoo, that was gross, but welcome! We're glad to hav e you with us!

Erika
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

YOUR FUNNY BEADGIRL!!!

Welcome Tanyarn!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hey Tanya! Welcome! Yep, you sound just like the rest of us here! Glad you found this forum, i'm sure you will find comfort talking to everyone on here! It makes this fear so much easier to handle knowing how many ppl actually know what you're going through and feel the exact same way you do! Take heart in knowing you're not alone! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

By the way, i'm in PA also...i'm near Allentown.

Paula
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Thanks Ladies. I live in Harrisburg. I've heard of Malvern but can't actually pinpoint where it is right now. I' am very glad I found this board. Hope to tal to you all soon
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

welcome... i think being a nursing student will definitely help you face the fear! from the sounds of things you are doing really well. i'm a med student and i wonder what i am letting myself into. but hopefully it will be worth it and in the end i will be immune to the fear!