Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ugh. I did a cleaning blitz today. It is my cleaning week and we're all about to go home for the holidays so needed to do a proper job.

Been lookingaround the external surface of the toilet bowls and... looked so dodgy with bits of fluff on. Excuse the graphic nature of this.

Anyway I started to suspect that maybe it was remnants of long left v*. Yes, gross. I wondered if one of my housemates had come home drunk and had a half hearted attempt atclearing it up. MINGING. Despite this, I cleaned it, because it needed doing. I should point out that I live with THREE BOYS (I'm a girl) and I'm not stereotyping but you can guess who does most of the cleaning. I'm getting sick of it!!

Anyway, whilst hoovering I noticed thatthe hoover made the place smell bad for a while. I have noticed that thelast few times I've hoovered the place. In fact, when my boyfriend came into my room this eveningand I was hoovering in there, he thought I had v*d in my room from the smell! I started to then wonder, maybe the person who had possibly v*d around the toilet, had cleaned it up with the vacuum cleaner?? Quite possible! GROSS. Anyway I finished hoovering andCHANGED THE BAG. Lord knows if there was any v* in there but I hope not!

It's just disgusting- if you are going to make a big mess at least CLEAN IT UP DECENTLY YOURSELF!

Sometimes vacuum cleaners smell funky like that. I always thought it
    was junk from the carpet like dustballs burning when the brushes spin
    round and round. Try not to worry about it.

Yeah, I do most of cleaning here too... it gets old. It's like there's a constant mess.. and I can imagine how stuff just gets thrown places.. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Remind them that you aren't there mum or their maid!
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

It was my boyfriend that inadvertently put the idea in my head. There must be some kind of product to 'freshen up' the vac.

I tried telling them I wasn't their Mum. I really want to live alone sometimes!!!!!!!!

FutureDr... I used to work at Victoria's Secret and once this customer came in (well 3 of em actually) Well I wasn't sure if the one girl was drunk or not, but her friend comes up to me and says "Our friend spit up in the other room" I was like Spit up? That's what babies do with formula! Anyhoo, one of the other girls I worked with had to clean it up because of course, I wouldn't do it!!! TYhe whole point of this story is that she wanted to use the vacuum. EW You dont typically sweep v up with a broom, so why would you use a vacuum.Liriodendron is probably right though... Theres a lot of other things that you can vacuun up that smell bad later. Well, it's been long enough that if there was v and germs, they are most certaily dead by now!
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

Beadgirl- was it a wetvac? Because when I was working at a sporting goods store, we had a major projectile incident on the carpeted stairs, and the manager used the wet-vac and it worked beautifully. (hope to god he cleaned it out afterwards).

Futuredr- vacuums have a tendency to smell like ass after awhile. Mine has a faint vomit smell at times.....and I live alone, and KNOW that it was never used to suck up anything more heinous than dry cat food and lint. And about the bit of fluff around the toilet and such- if you live with guys, they don't necessarily have the best aim if you get my drift. That, coupled with the fact that in bathrooms, there is a lot of fabric fibres floating around (from toilet paper, towels, people pulling up and down their pants, etc). I know that in my bf's bathroom, sometimes his 'misses' on the toilet bowl attract some fuzzy friends. Thank god he is really good about cleaning and usually cleans as soon as he notices it.

I lived with roomates for all of my undergrad (including a stint in communal rez in 1st year- 14 girls, one bathroom. not a good match)- now, after being on my own for a year and a half- I know it's the shizzle. Even if I am broke from paying full rent.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

crimgoddess, It wasn't a wetvac. It was a good old hoover! Gross! I was like " Get a mop, some rubber gloves. carpet cleaner and LYSOL! It's funny how I know what to do, I just cant bring myself to actually clean it up.
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

Hey, i live in a student flat with 6 guys and 5 other girls and thank god my room is ensuite! There is only one vacuum for our flat though which smells of v* too and i dread to think what its been used to clean up. I know for a fact that one of the guys in my flat v* on the floor in one of the girls rooms when he was drunk so maybe they used the vacuum too! It was also used by the residents that lived in the flat for the last two years and has "do not use with liquids" written across it in huge letters :SThankfully we have a cleaner that comes three days a week to clean the kitchen and hall and she always changes the hoover bag etc so hopefully she had to clean it!