Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bar Issues

Does anyone else find themselves getting nervous when they are in a bar? I went out with some friends last week and I had to use the bathroom. I noticed that the person in the stall next to mine had been in there a long time and I started panicking, thinking that she was sick from the drinking. I finished quickly, washed my hands and tore out of there.

When I was in college I would always go to the "private" bathroom on the weekends, even though it was on the first floor and I lived on the third. The worst thing was when my BF lived in his frat house--horrors!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Does anyone else find this happening to them?

I may get nervous in a bar but not because of what goes on in the
    bathrooms. I can use my imagination about what goes on in there!!

I am not afraid to use public restrooms, but I do not use bar (bar bar,
    not restuarant bar) bathrooms. I've used them in the past and they are
    always disgusting for a number of reasons.

I'm am answering your post as my bf is out with his best friend. I hate going out to bars. And I especially hate to saty later because the chances of seeing v* become greater as the nigth wears on. Anyway, I'm not 21 anymore so Even if I wasn't an emet, I'm so over the bar scene. I know how you feel. I would rather pee my pants than use a bar bathroom!
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

I've always avoided bars just because of the possibility of someone v*. I always worry about that when people are drinking so I just don't go.

I still get nervous about going into bars (because inevitably your chances of someone vomitting in your presence are high)- but I know that if I stayed home, I would miss out on a lot, and would probably feel bad about not going afterwards.

Most of the time when I go out it's with my girlfriends, and we just have so much fun dancing (and making up lifestories about the randoms on the dancefloor). I find that the more fun I have, the less anxious I feel. If the night is a dud, I find myself scanning the crowd for people who look as though they drank too much. Which is completely non-productive, because it just makes me have even LESS fun.

Of course, bathrooms are NASTY- so I try to hold on until I get home. That, or I run in there and run out so fast I barely have my panties upwhen I'm leaving the stall.

I prefer bars with balconies or terraces- that way if I start to feel really anxious, or have seen someone who looked ill, I can head out for some fresh air until I'm not as anxious anymore (the air is especially fresh now- it's frikkin' cold over here).

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i only get that fear when im on the vomit comet.. ahtat a nickname for the
    BLUE NIGHT BUS THAT RUNS ALL NIgHT IN TORONTO.
    I susually get a panic attack and get off...
    thank god the stops are close to one another. Casuethe vomit comet is all
    about club kids goin ghome at 4 in the mrning all really drunk and druged..
    up but i have no choice but to use the bus becuase the subways close at 1

thats why im stright edge

Hahahahaha- Hanarky-

I have ridden the bus in the middle of the night in TO ONCE- and since then have always shelled out the extra cash for a cab. It was pretty nasty- akin to the 95 or 97 bus route in Ottawa after midnight. Once, someone managed to vomit before we even left the first stop. How repulsive.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.