Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay today I did something I thought I'd never do again, I handled a raw chicken to set it up for being cooked. I washed my hands afterward but since I was distracted by talking with my sister I don't think I washed them thoroghly enough. After she got in the car to take me back home I could still smell the spices of the chicken on my hands (It had been marinating) am I going to get sick? I'm like freaking out...as soon as I got home I purelled my hands but I'm worried. Will I get sick? GRRR! I hate myself for panicking so much!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

hey hun, with just washing your hands you should be alright.

most things that you marinade chicken with can be quite strong and stain your fingers with the smell.

you hadnt ate or really been near your mouth you have washed your hands again and noticed it, Im sure you will be fine

~*~hugs~*~

xVx <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, you'll be fine...you need pretty large quantities of these germs to fall ill anyway. You washed your hands too...it's just the marinade...i only have to chop garlic and i can smell it on my hands for days...and i wash them all the time!!

Thanks guys! You really make me feel better! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Yeah, you should be fine. Herbs and spices tend to linger around, but the germs should be off if you used soap and water.

I REFUSE to handle raw chicken and when I have my own house, I don't think I will have any raw meat anywhere in it at all!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --