Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone else have a bad addiciton to these boards, other boards and the internet in general? Sometimes I can spend nearly a full day at work on the internet...so bad, I know, but I have a really hard time staying focused at work, even when I am feeling good. If i can get in in the morning and just start working right away without even checking any of the boards, I can usually get on a roll.

But today for example...yikes, it is 11:30 and i still haven't done one ounce of work. Please tell me other people do this too so i don't feel so bad!

p.s. I am almost never on the computer at home, it is just at work!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I tend to do this when I come online to do my online class lol. It's probably a boredom thing or an avoidance thing. Before computers people would make personal calls at work or keep getting up to do insignificant things so I think it's just the new age form of avoiding boredom lol.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Yeah. It's terrible. Ever since we got broadband in all our rooms in our student flat, it's been bad. I used to be fine without the net. It's crazy

I actually got fired from one job due to being on the internet constantly and neglecting my work. Not good[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Quite embarassing too!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I love the interent, mainly because I don't have many friends near where I live. I moved about 6 months ago and the only places I go to are church and work --- and I don't really have many friends from work or church. The internet keeps me in touch with my RL (real life) friends much easier. My cell phone also helps with this... I love my free minutes at night and on weekends!!!

I also find the internet and my computer as a way to escape and find people that I can relate better to. It is hard to find people in real life who are willing to talk about such things as V* and having an ED (eating disorder) and or have gone through some of the other stuff I deal with daily. The fact that you can stay "anonymous" this way kinda helps with the talking... I kinda see the internet as the new stranger sitting at the bar next to you that you spill your troubles out to (old tv shows were always having characters who would do this).

There is also a lot of real and valuable information out there too, which I learned about while in college. So much is multi-media and I can do incredible research through using online data bases and such. It was awesome how I could do so much from the comfort of my dorm room at 3am

I am usually online after work and in the evening hours. I do not get online while at work because I don't have access to a computer and I would not want any "public" computer to be able to *track me...* I want to keep stuff more private, so I do almost all of my internet stuff from the comfort of my bedroom.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm addicted to the internet badly. Its affecting my schoolwork as I can't seem to focus. If I dont have the computer on, I'm always thinking about it. >_<;;; Half a day is nothing dont worry ^^. I dont work--only school so my Saturdays I'm always on it from the time I wake up until late into the morning hours. Its soooo bad!! I've tried to get off of the computer but I'm always thinking about it and then I end up giving in. Even with it off, I can sit in front of it and stare. I'm sooo bad. Its too addictive. Oh but my addiction is to my computer at home. I suppose its because I dont go out so much..Its been like that for the past 4 years. Its really pathetic that I basically cannot live without my computer. Its an obsession. o_o.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>