Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I can watch the V* scene in the move Holes and the V* part in the music video Holiday (by Green Day) with out getting the wierd panicky feeling!! yay me [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Good work there, greendayfan! You are able to do what alot of us cannot, so you should feel proud of yourself I'm usually ok with it too, if it's quick, and humorous. Yeah...I always find myself laughing outloud at v* in comedies. Weird huh! Maybe because I'm glad it's not me or something!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

I can watch that, i dont have panic attack, but imediatelly i get nausea. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I can laugh during the v* scene in The Exorcist, but I cannot for the life of me sit and watch Problem Child 2 or Stand by Me. I think it all depends onthe duration of the scene rather than thevisual itself.I will never subject myself totorture by watchingThe Witches of Eastwick, but I will always find the baby v*ing in Willow hilarious.

Yay!!! It is all about taking it one step at a time. I can watch V* on TV now and I'm relieved, but I still get grossed out. Being grossed out is much better than being anxious.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yeah I still can't do all that...Holes about killed me in the theatres....yeah not fun. Hopefully I'll get there some day!

you are lucky, you dont know how much.

i can only watch V scene in ER... and then i got nausea [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I used to be like that, I couldn't stand V*ing on TV Or in Movies. But now I'm used to it. It seems like V*ing has become very pop culture when it comes to movies. Asagao mentioned The Witches Of Eastwick. I STILL Can't watch that part with the cherries...that's about the only V*Ing thing I can't watch. I just saw the movie Hostel for the third time and they have two V*ing scenes in it. That didn't bother me so much.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I usually turn away out of gut instinct when there is a vomit scene in movies or tv- but lately i have been forcing myself to watch it. So far, it has grossedme out, but nothing worse, which I think is encouraging It has never ruined a movie or tv show for me- I would just turn away until I was reasonably sure that it was over.

The only scene that I know I will never be able to watch is the blueberry pie eating contest in Stand By Me (one of my favourite movies). I was SO grossed out by it as a kid, that even when I get over this phobia I don't think I would be able to watch that part.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The blueberry pie scene is so awful! I'm not sure if they censor that part on television when it comes on, but I knowI always turn my head during that one scene when it is on because I too happen to enjoy the movie immensely![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

When I was younger there was a very graphic v* scene on that show Dawson's Creek, and I remember bawling my eyes out, pleading my mother to change the channel. I ended up entering a panic attack. There was a lot of yelling in the household, etc. When I think about it now it's kind of amusing. [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]I believe there is hope for all of us.

<<The blueberry pie scene is so awful! I'm not sure if they censor that part on television when it comes on, but I knowI always turn my head during that one scene when it is on because I too happen to enjoy the movie immensely!>>

LOL, they don't censure that seen. Saw it recently on some random channel late at night, and there it was in all it's purple glory. Made me turn [img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]

*amber*

has anybody seen monty python's the meaning of life? there is a whole scene dedicated to this man v*. i couldn't watch it at alland it goes on for a while. i'm sure it is pretty fake looking but EWWWWW!

For some reason, the Stand By Me scene doesn't bother me. It did at first, and I would never watch it, but once I did, and realized how unrealistic it was, it dodn't bother me at all! But, it's funny that you mentioned the Dawson's Creek episode! I think I have only seen that show once and it was that one! Was it from being drunk? If I remember right, I was at a friend's house, and she had it on, and it came back from commercial right to the guy getting graphically sick, so there was no warning! I freaked!!!!

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

question to the dawson's creek fans: i remember an episode where someone v* but i thought it was jen. is there another one i should be worried about? i am in the process of watching them all on DVD

Helenhd,

Towards the end of the show, when they are in college, there is one scene that's kind of gross. Audrey, Joey's roommate is sick in a bar restroom because she drank too much. You can kind of see it coming, though. I LOVE that show!

The worst v*ing scene I have seen in a movie is Drop Dead Gorgeous. Which is kind of ironic because Denise Richards is in that movie. (although not in that scene)

Really great movie though! Super funny. I just leave the room during that scene. Or sometimes I look in the window behind me, where I can sorta see a reflection.. hehe.

--Kim

I think the worst scene I have ever seen in a movie in the first 5 minutes of Saving Private Ryan (the soldiers are in a boat headed to the beaches at Normandy). It's even a chain reaction! I was so disturbed I had to leave. It isVERY realistic. Funny, I am using it as part of my therapy hierarchy now!

[QUOTE=happyteacher]I think the worst scene I have ever seen in a movie in the first 5 minutes of Saving Private Ryan (the soldiers are in a boat headed to the beaches at Normandy). It's even a chain reaction!QUOTE]

Oh I HATE that film so much! My mum didn't even want to watch it and my dad put it on and i freaked out so bad, I think she turned it off for me.. oh I can't bear that, so scary and so nasty!

I find it so hard to watch V* on TV - its not as bad as seeing someone elsephysically but nearly as bad! Hasanyone seen the film the Hitcher? Its a pretty bad film butthe V* scenes in that nearly did me in, ack!
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I can't bring myself to watch Jackass (just incase they make themselves v*) and Little Britain with the two women. It looks so fake but it is gross. I can't do it at all!

I am a massive fan of Eminem and he has a song called Puke on one of his albums and i can't listen to it. It starts by hearing someone doing it and the first time i heard it i was really shocked, and refused to listen to that song ever again
    Will this last forever????