Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: i’m free!

Well i haven't posted here in a while and the reason being is i'm free! On New Years Eve i drank way too much alcohol and v*. At first i didn't know what to do but i thought " Well, after 10 years, that wasn't so bad." Then i had the hangover and i was sick again about 4 times that whole day and i've basically cured myself!

Just thought i'd share my overcoming this and i now know that you all have the power to conquer this, even though at many times i didn't think it possible, i now do![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

That is so amazing that you are feeling this way! I pray and hope this feeling will stay with you and that you will not be trapped by emet anymore
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is very good
    that you are able to do it without being afraid. The thing is hanging
    onto that and remembering it even after some time has passed. The thing
    with me is I have gotten sick not very long ago (about a year or 2) and
    I was okay, but its remembering that its not that bad.</font></span>

Exactly! What really opened my eyes was when a close friend of mine was diagnosed with lung cancer and it wasn't looking good for him at all. This really opened up my eyes and my mind and made me realise that yes, i hate v* and i won't ever like but, but i'd rather v* then be diagnosed with a death sentence.

Thanks to everyone on here for any support you've given me, i can't thank you enough. I know you all have it in you to fight and beat this! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey danforth, good on ya!

You may find that whatever led to your anxiety disorder in the first place rears its ugly head again in some other way, and if that happens, you can similarly "cure yourself" with sensible, logical self-talk. Remind yourself that when you feared vomiting, and then did it, you found there was no reason to fear. So whatever else crops up is similarly dealt with.

Thanks for the affirmation of how the support on this site helped you - it makes everyone feel great about the time they spend here!

Good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.